Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charlie Chan at Treasure Island (Mon., May 16th)

Dear All at the Charlie Chan Family Home,
It's been a fair while since I last contributed to this message board (over ten years!). I noticed your next chat room occasion features Charlie Chan at Treasure Island, and felt a bout of nostalgia coming on. 7.30 P.M. EDT will be 12.30 P.M. here in Macclesfield, Cheshire, England. I keep late hours (I work unsociable hours as a homecarer) and now have my own PC, so should be able to join you.

Charlie Chan at Treasure Island was the first Chan picture I ever saw. I was aged about eleven. My mum and dad had gone out, leaving me with my gran. The film, and Sidney Toler, gave me a big kick. I told my dad I'd enjoyed a Chan picture next day. He asked if it was Warner Oland, I told him no, it was Sidney Toler--he said Warner Oland was best. Dad was born in 1921. He'd seen Oland at the local cinemas--as Chan, and Fu-Man-Chu. Later, in the 1980s, when all the Chan films were shown by BBC Two, I became acquainted with Mr. Oland, and dad became acquainted with Mr. Toler. Happy memories.

I'm looking forward to joining you on Monday night.
Best wishes to all, Tom

Re: Charlie Chan at Treasure Island (Mon., May 16th)

Dear Tom,

It will be an honor and our privilege to have you back with us on Monday evening! Yours will be our Seat of Honor...

Take care, see you then!

Sincerely,
Rush Glick