Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Vincent Price on Hawaii Radio-Summary

On May May 26th, Hawaii remembered Vincent Price. A special "mahalo" to all the people that assisted us in the successful broadcast of the Vincent Price Tribute on the "808 State Update Radio Show". Our tribute to Mr. Price touched a nerve with our listening audience. The phone in the studio rang off the hook.

Thank you to our two special guests: Ms. Victoria Price, daughter of the guest of honor. Mr. Mitchell Anderson, one of the five "angles" who cared for Mr. Price during his later years.

Among the callers to the studio, Harry was listening to the program. From his phone he said, "That 'voice' in the audio clips. That 'voice' reminds me of the actor who appeared on the Hawaii episodes of 'The Brady Bunch'". Harry reminded us that Vincent Price appeared in Part Three of the three-part adventure of "The Brady Bunch". Mr. Price guest starred in "The Tiki Cave" (aired October 6, 1972). It was filmed in Hawaii.

Shortly before the broadcast, I discovered that the "live streaming" for the station was out-of-order. Only listeners with radios tuned to Hawaii were able to hear the broadcast. I apologize to those of you trying to connect via the web.