Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TCM's Summer Under the Stars

TCM's Summer Under the Stars ... highlights films with Victor Sen Yung and Boris Karloff. For fans of Charlie Chan films, here are a few films of interest:

On Saturday, Aug. 20: "Across the Pacific" (1942 WB) with Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, Sydney Greenstreet, and Victor Sen Yung.

On Sunday, Aug. 21: "The Letter" (1940 WB) with Bette Davis, Gale Sondergaard, and Victor Sen Yung. This is Mr. Yung's favorite film.

On Friday, Aug. 26: Seventeen films starring Boris Karloff, including Mr. Wong: The Fatal Hour, Frankenstein, The Bride of Frankenstein, The Black Cat with Bela Lugosi, The Body Snatcher with Bela Lugosi, and Lured with Lucille Ball.

See you at the TCM movies.

Re: TCM's Summer Under the Stars

Thank you so much, Steve, for the heads-up! I missed the first one, but I will be eagerly awaiting to DVR and view the three others!

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: TCM's Summer Under the Stars

Wow, some good stuff Steve. The website "Rotten Tomato" gives "The Letter" a pretty good score. I'm gonna have to catch that one. TXS for the heads up! Lou