KLETSHOEKIE

WAAR JY ENIGE ONDERWERP KAN BEGIN, of repliek kan lewer op iets wat reeds hier staan...Kom, gesels saam!

ONSDORP se DEBAT en BRIEWE LAPA
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thoughts on the children's thoughts on marriage

I suspect that I am not alone, having had 'the discussion' with my children on marriage versus living together.

The good thing is that it makes you question your own values and stance. The bad thing is that you start forty-love down and can never win.

My wife and I stood before our friends and family - and the Almighty - and made a commitment to each other. When times have been tough (as they are for us all sometimes), it is good to look back and remember the promises that we made. What I am trying to say is that marriage is a serious thing for me - as well as a joyful experience.

I now have all three scenarios. Two children who are happily married, one who is 'living with' a very lovely 'partner' and one watching with big eyes to see what happens.

I have decided to pretend that the situation does not exist. I do not visit them in their house but I treat them normally, as if they are dating, when they visit us or I meet them on neutral territory.

What do you do?