Christian's With Depression Message Board

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: "Depression" Groups

I agree...support from fellow Christians (at church, small group, Bible study group, or just friends) is really important. For me, support from Christian friends at church has made such a difference.

I've never been open at a church before and am fortunate to have fellow Christian friends at my current church who I can be open with; some of these people also struggle with depression as well as other chronic illness...and/or work in the medical field.

I am so thankful for this support, and Born Again and Andrea, I pray for God to prepare the hearts of those fellow Christians "off site" he wants you to share with and be transparent with, in addition to those on this site...I pray this also for you, Sarita!

Re: Re: Re: "Depression" Groups

andrea what medicine are you on and is it for depression. i have been on meds that don't really seem to work for me. email me if you want. april

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

One of the most terrible types of illness is OCD and the can be coupled with depression.

OCD causes unwanted thoughts that you cannot turn off in you head and this makes one even more depressed. I am so very lucky that I have a medicine that works for me the funny thing is I feel strongly that if there was a support group at my local church many people would find so much help. Lets pray for your group and my group to start.

Lord please help the church body we are attending see that a group like this would help hurting people and allow them to stop isolating themselves and come to chruch to seek peace and allow that peace to let it enter their hearts. Amen Let me know if your group starts!!!

Re: Re: "Depression" Groups

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all your respones, I really appreciate all of you. This site used to be quite active at one time. Maybe we can get it going again. I'll continue to post as I can.

Born Again (Butterfly)