Christian's With Depression Message Board

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
i couldnt chat so here i am....alone and scared

hey everyone!
i'm new to this message board thingy so bare with me.
i need help! not the suicidal kind the help i'm depressed kind!
alrite heres the thing, i need anyones opinion one wat u think about my case.
ok here goes nothin'....i've been havin problems all me life, actually health, yeah well i havent been the type that attends alot of school on the count of i'm a sickly child. my parent do wat they can to encourage me and pray for me. i really appriciate thir surport and love. But theirs this really important test coming up! and i'm really scared, i'm an average grade student(thank God!) and i'm really feeling down. on top of it all my classmates(esp. the guys) always tease me, sayin i will never get anywhere in life! i cry everyday hearing those words, my parents dont kno wats happening to me and i tend to leave it that way. i was diagnose one time with somthing i cant rememba but itinvolved my overies. apparently they where over sized and the doctors told me it was because i had alot of stress held inside me and that i had alot on my mind. and the last thing, my best friend is moving away at the end of this year and at that same time i will be else where getting treat ment. she's my only friend and she always stuck by me when the guys tesed me and even though i never came to school!
i kno its alot but could anyone pliz help me?

Re: i couldnt chat so here i am....alone and scared

this is a christian site so i will say this. Don't worry about what others think about you. how do you feel about yourself? do you know God thinks you are important, he loves you and thinks the world of you. he doesn't expect the best from but only to try your best. say to yourself i am somebody, i will amount to something. in high school the jerks will be nothing when they grow up, i know. the popular people in high school with me are total jerks now. the least important in high school (like me) are something now. i am 31 and i know what it was like in school. say that a bunch of times and believe it. God doesn't make junk. i was average in schhol and that is nothing to be ashamed about. when they tell you things don't listen to them, remind yourself you are somebody. april

Re: i couldnt chat so here i am....alone and scared

Mili,

Hi, so glad you came to this message board. We are all here to encourage one another.

Please stop and take a breath. You have a lot going on which can be very stressful for your age.

You need to take it one day at a time. It is tough when friends move, this is a part of life. I am sure you can email each other and still be close.

For the test you need to study the best you can and leave the rest for God. Pray leaving all your anxiety at the feet of Jesus. Take on his yoke it is light and easy.

I have a devotional about our worth that you might enjoy. It doesn't matter how old you are or married or single. The worth of the woman is still the same in the Proverbs 31 woman.

I will put on another message.

I am praying for you, please let us know how you are doing.

A good devotion

A Woman’s Price Tag

By Bonita Lillie, She Speaks Graduate

“A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.” Proverbs 31:10 (NIV)

Devotion:

I looked like a peacock strutting in full splendor, displaying regal feathers. I was wearing my “coat of many colors,” a plaid sateen jacket, a gift from my sanguine mother who loves color and flair. It felt awkward wearing my mother’s personality. I err to the conservative side, preferring that all eyes not be on me. Uneasily, I slid into one of the front rows of the church, hoping the shine of the jacket wouldn’t distract people from the sermon.

I became engrossed in the service and it wasn’t until after church was over that the jacket came to mind again. My neck was itching and as I reached back to scratch it I was horrified to discover that the price tag to my new jacket was hanging down my back. Worse yet, I wasn’t just on sale, I was on clearance! I guess my fellow worshippers were too embarrassed to tell me.

Unfortunately, many of us are like that jacket. We look good, but we have an imaginary price tag hanging not on our clothes, but on our person. We see ourselves as cheap, not worth much, possibly even on God’s clearance rack. We don’t believe anyone could ever love us and certainly, God could never use us in His plan, but nothing could be further from the truth.

It’s interesting that in Proverbs 31 before God ever addresses the godly woman’s “to do” list, he establishes her worth. Before she ever says or does anything, He deems her worthy, apart from all works and He does it in such a way that we can never forget it. He doesn’t just label her adequate, but He raves about her, ranking her superior to the rarest, most exquisite stones. God’s woman is worth more than costly gems. That woman is you!

Your worth isn’t wrapped up in your accomplishments, possessions, job title, popularity, or looks. It isn’t about what others think of you, good or bad. It doesn’t even matter what you think of yourself. We can be our harshest critic, can’t we? Your worth has nothing to do with any of those things or even your ability to carry out the duties listed in Proverbs 31. You are precious to God simply because you are His child.

The truth is that one day you did have a price tag hanging on you. I Corinthians 6:20 says, “you were bought with a price.” Yet, you weren’t cheap. In fact, it cost God everything to purchase you for Himself. You are one valuable lady, a woman deeply loved and valued by God. You mean the world and all to Him!

Father, when I’m tempted to look down on myself or feel unworthy, help me to hold my head high, knowing that my value doesn’t come from my own feelings, but from You. You say I’m valuable and that is enough. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Another good devotion

HIS ACCEPTED, ADOPTED CHILD

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now we are children of God

Having a right relationship with God begins with settling once and for all the issue that God is your loving Father and you are His accepted, adopted child. That's the foundational truth of your spiritual heritage. You are a child of God, you are created in His image, you have been declared righteous by Him because you trust that what Christ accomplished in His death and resurrection is applicable to you. As long as you believe that and walk accordingly, your daily experience of practical Christianity will result in growth. But when you forget who you are, and try to produce in your daily experience the acceptance God has already extended to you, you'll struggle. We don't serve God to gain His acceptance; we are accepted so we serve God. We don't follow Him in order to be loved; we are loved so we follow Him.

That's why you are called to live by faith (Romans 1:16, 17). The essence of the victorious Christian life is believing what is already true about you. Do you have a choice? Of course! Satan will try to convince you that you are an unworthy, unacceptable, sin-sick person who will never amount to anything in God's eyes. Is that who you are? No, you are not! You are a saint whom God has declared righteous. Believing Satan's lie will lock you into a defeated, fruitless life. But believing God's truth about your identity will set you free.

Your perception of your identity makes such a big difference in your success at dealing with the challenges and conflicts of your life. It is imperative to your growth and maturity that you believe God's truth about who you are.

The Bible says, "See how great a love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God; and such we are" (1 John 3:1). Tragically, many believers are desperately trying to become something they already are, while others are living like something they aren't. It's true: "Beloved, now we are children of God" (1 John 3:2).

Prayer:

Lord God, I affirm anew that I am Your blood-bought child. The evil one cannot touch me as long as I live according to my position in Christ.

Re: Another good devotion

Hi Serita,
What up lifting things you have shared with us. May Gods' Holy Spirit take these truths and apply them to our hearts and help us to believe them with every part of our beings. I am a Christain, Jesus turned my name od Skinneydipper to Born Again, when I used to talk to people on the citizen band radio. I've never been able to really believed God could except me or even made me as I am. But I know He does, but weather I believe it in my heart or mind I can't tell.

Thanks again,
Born Again (Butterfly)