Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: getting to know each other

Hi Everytone,
I need to know that God still loves me and is with me in this depression. I haven't been to church in awhile. I heard one time you can't have a relationship with God apart from the church.( I don't know if I misunderstood this or not.) I don't socialize alot, only when I feel like I can. I'm 59yrs. old, diagonised with chronic depression, I've had it for about 40yrs., along with anixiety, and panic attacks. I've had better days with it when I was younger and stronger. Now it is like all I want to do is eat, and sleep. I don't know if it's the meds or not. I'll find out more today. My house suffers and needs a good cleaning. I need help and to really believe God loves me even if I can't do much right now. Sometimes things just seem too overwhelming to me.

Thanks for listening,
Born Again

Re: Re: getting to know each other

Hi Born Again,

So glad to hear that even though you are not feeling very well, you still believe that God loves you.

Even in my darkest times in my latest bout of depression, I still know God is with me, and because of this knowledge, I think my relationship with God has become stronger. He sees me at my worst, when I cannot do very much, and loves me anyway. He is my reason to continue on. I pray this for you, too.

I praise God for his unconditional love...and pray that we would all experience it, know it, and love each other as He loves us.

Laurie