Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Topic for the week

Yes.

I love Psalm 139, especially these parts:

"If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;..."
(verses 11 - the first part of verse 14)

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
(verses 23 - 24)

And recently...

Jeremiah 18:1-6 "This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: "Go down to the potter's house, and there I will give you my message." So I went down to the potter's house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. Then the word of the Lord came to me: "O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?" declares the Lord. "Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.

and

Jeremiah 20:14 - 18 "Cursed me the day I was born! May the day my mother bore me not be blessed! Cursed be the man who brought my father the news, who made him very glad, saying, "A child is born to you--a son!" May that man be like the towns the Lord overthrew without pity. May he hear wailing in the morning, a battle cry at noon. For he did not kill me in the womb, with my mother as my grave, her womb enlarged forever. Why did I ever come out of the womb to see trouble and sorrow and to end my days in shame?" (I know this passage is very 'depressing' but it helps me during deep battles with depression to know that characters in the Bible, such as the prophet Jeremiah, also had such thoughts.)

Finally,

Thanks so much Sarita for again posting these discussion topics. They really help me to focus on the reality of the illnes, and the choice to take steps (such as using this message board) to overcome.

Everyone...Don't give up!

Re: Re: Topic for the week

these are just a few:
psalm 139

"Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn for me for my yoke is easy and my burden is light" - Matthew 11:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28

"To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:7-10