Return to Website

Christian's With Depression Message Board

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What a difference a day can make!

I was so down yesterday, just a lot of little things bugging me. The previous week the assistant Pastor and a friend from church came over to fix a leaking tub faucet. They got the leak fixed in the front, but it was leaking behind the tub for over a week. They are not professionals and it is a helps ministry that they are trying to get going at our church. I had paid a plumber a couple years ago to fix it and here it was leaking again. I thought if I were still married my husband should be taking care of this, but he wanted someone else.
I found a flea on my cat yesterday and I got a call that my lens was ready for my eye glasses. I thought they were going to redo both lenses, but no only the one they scratched a couple weeks ago. I was having trouble adjusting to the bifocals (part of the fun of aging)very sarcastic. I am on vacation from my job this week and just taking care of business, wishing I could go on a real vacation with my husband like they show on "Wheel of Fortune." So, This was the beginning of my grand pity party. I cried some and decided to call my church and they are so good to me. I didn't tell the pastor how bad I felt. I just told him it was leaking and he came out and had it fixed in about 20 minutes. I did tell him I didn't expect the helps ministry to maintain my plumbing and he just said they weren't professionals and if it leaked again to please let him know.
I got some frontline plus for my 2 cats which was very expensive. I feel kind of guilty having help with my plumbing and then paying $99. for flea medicine. I guess you can get it cheaper on line, but I didn't want an infestation. I love my cats dearly. They are 14 and 11.
I read and article in the paper about the recycling center buying metals, so I took the brass fittings from the plumbing job and the old crome faucets,an old burned out subpumb,and some other junk thats been in the garage forever and they paid me $12.08 for stuff I would have put out for trash pickup. Wow!!
I called a friend this evening and we are going for a walk tomorrow at some beautiful gardens. This is my vacation and it is good! Thank you God, For helping me.