Return to Website

Christian's With Depression Message Board

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: I just can't seem to get moving.

Dear Sarita,
Thanks for the reply and kind words. The couselor I saw Monday has directed me to a free clinic and made me promise to see a doctor. I'm thinking, "Maybe I don't need to go, I've been able to get through this before." Although, I must admit, I'd just as soon, skip work and just take some sleeping pills and forget about everything. I'm just so tired. I made myself go for a bike ride yesterday and I had a hard time holding back the tears talking to a friend. It should of been fun. I can't look for a new job, when I feel like I'm going to cry at any moment, especially if they state, "Tell me about yourself."

Re: Re: Re: I just can't seem to get moving.

Hi Mar,

Great to hear about your progress!

I forget that the cost of medical visits can be quite high; where I live, most medical visits are 'free' (the government pays), although many people must have prescriptions, not covered by the government, covered by health insurance...again, I am so sorry you have to be going through all this right now, as proper medical care is so important in caring for oneself with depression.

Great to hear that you are going to the free clinic! Also, your counsellor sounds very good...making you promise to go to the doctor...and don't worry about crying...I remember crying so much during regular visits to see my counsellors, especially at the very beginning of a bout with depression.

Thanks for the update; look forward to hearing more in the future about how you are doing,

Laurie