Christian's With Depression Message Board

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
depression in pregnancy

Hello,
This is my first time putting a message on a site. I am 25 weeks pregnant with my first child and going through a severe depression. I have been off medication for depression since the beginning of the pregnancy because of the risks to the baby. I really need some encouragement and prayer, as I am feeling very hopeless, burdened, and wondering if I will ever feel better again.
God Bless and Thanks.

Re: depression in pregnancy

Hi Mary,
Welcome to the sight.
Congratulations on your pregnancy. Even though you have depression, your baby is a gift from God and I rejoice in that.
Pregnancy is very hard on the human body and hormones go array so it makes it very difficult when you also suffer with a chemical imbalance. My heart really goes out to you. You have made it 6 months and you will make it all the way. God will sometimes bring us to the precipice of despair but it is only for a season and only He knows why. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Even though it feels like He is no where to be found, His grace will suffice and you WILL make it through this. Once you have the baby, you will be able to go back on the medication and be fine.
God will then use your situation to minister to other pregnant women who will have to endure the same thing you had to. You are in the fire my dear sister but He will not let you be burned. You will feel the heat and smell the smoke but He has set a boundry that the fire can not cross (Isaiah 43:2 Isaiah 41:10)
I am praying for you. You will be O.K. You are in His hands.
Love in Christ
laura

Re: Re: depression in pregnancy

Laura,
Thank you for the words of encouragement and for putting me in your prayers. You seem to intuitively know exactly how I feel. In addition to the depression, I am plagued by persistent worrying/anxiety and feelings of hopelessness. My husband and I prayed for a baby and God granted us this gift right away but in my current state of mind, I can hardly relate to the way I felt before stopping the medication (once we found out I was pregnant). I have to believe this is part of God's plan for us and that He will provide. I never anticipated that I would have such a significant relapse into depression . I pray that God will carry me through this and restore me. I pray He will use this trial to build me and shape me according to His will. Your response to my message was such a blessing and a comfort when I read it today. Thank You,
Mary