Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: depressed again

Hi Liz,
I know exactly how you feel. Having clinical depression restricts us in ways that physical ailments don't.
Most of the time when we have physical problems, we know what to expect but with depression, you never know when it's going to attack, get worse or the meds stop working. It's scary stepping out of our comfort, secure zone.
Yes, pray that the Lord heals you. If He doesn't, He knows you will need assurance before you travel, especially to a foreign country so, just expect Him to provide it. Peter never walked on the water because he presumed the Lord would keep him from drowning, he waited until Christ told him to come. Even when he started to doubt, it was the Lord that saved Him. Peter just cried out, "save me" and the Lord did the rest (Matt 14:28-31). Sometimes, we think faith is stepping out and doing something on our own but it's not, it's simply obeying the Lord as He directs our steps. We don't make the way, He does. Even when our faith is small, He still accomplishes His perfect will in our lives.
Liz, if it's His will you go, don't fret. He will provide the assurance and faith that you need. That assurance might come in a way where you are able to get a years meds, or there will be a Dr close by where ever it is you are going. Whatever, He will give you what you need if you are to go.
I'll be praying for you.
laura

Re: Re: depressed again

Thank you Laura for your words of encouragement.
You are an awesome sister in Christ and a blessing to many.
It is such a comfort to know that you and others with clinical depression understand. We don't have to "fix" each other, that is God's job.
I pray that we will all continue to persevere and fight the good fight. Our treasure is surely in Heaven and not on earth.
Your sister in Christ.
Liz