Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: HELP

Hi,
Have you told her about this sight??? Does she understand what is happening to her and why?? She should be encouraged to go see her Dr so she can be properly diagnosed. That is the first order of things.
When I first got my depression with panic attacks, I didn't know what was happening. It scared me to death. I thought I was going insane. When I went to my Dr she diagnosed clinical depression. I started taking medication and within a month, I was feeling like my old self again. Sometimes it takes several tries to find the medication that suits you best but eventually something will work
It's hard sharing it with others because most people think it's something you can overcome, or, you don't have enough faith. They don't realize it's a chemical imbalance deep within the brain.
Be there for her. Pray for her and encourage her to go to the Dr. Show her this sight so she knows there are many others who have experienced the same thing and that she's not alone. Don't try to "fix" her, just encourage her to seek help and then we can go from there.
laura