New! CCW's Table Talk!      

We all miss our CCW meetings where we can choose a TABLE filled with old friends and meet new friends; the fun of everyone sharing the status of their latest writing ventures, sharing expertise and new ideas. Keep friends updated on your exciting  announcements, publications and reprints. Got stuck on current work?  Post your question on Table Talk.  The important thing is that we want to hear from you.

Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nonfiction Writing Group Formation

Hello. I joined Central Coast Writers for the express purpose of writing more regularly, and to that end have sought to join or form a writing group. I write for primarily for business/professional and academic audiences, although I've also crafted some shorter works that might be described as creative nonfiction. I've written a lot, for a long time, primarily as a public relations consultant and more recently as an educator.

If you are part of a writing group that might be looking to add another member, I'd love to hear from you. If you're in circumstances similar to mine and would like to be a part of an ongoing group, I'd also love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Re: Nonfiction Writing Group Formation

Hi Mitchell:
Although my current focus is working on a crime thriller novel, I also do write nonfiction re: professional topics/interests and pieces that relate to my observations living and working here. I might be interested in being part of a group that has nonfiction as a focus, if you are starting one. Best, Barb Dill-Varga bdillvarga@gmail.com

Hello Mitchell and Barbara,
I too am interested in forming a writing group. How would we go about it?
Would we meet online as in a Zoom webinar?
I've got a Zoom account and am attempting to get a class going.
Thanks
Lawrence

Hi Lawrence. Barbara and I are going to talk in a few weeks, once my schedule calms down. Can we talk then? Let me know.

Hi Lawrence:
I'm happy to join with you and Mitchell, whenever you two are ready!
Should we start by sharing the topics of what we might be writing? or the kind of nonfiction we're working on?
Barb

Sure. Great idea. I have a piece on grieving after multiple losses that I want to resume working on. In addition, I have an idea for a book on leadership and want to develop a proposal (something I've never done before). Those are the two things that immediately come to mind.