New! CCW's Table Talk!      

We all miss our CCW meetings where we can choose a TABLE filled with old friends and meet new friends; the fun of everyone sharing the status of their latest writing ventures, sharing expertise and new ideas. Keep friends updated on your exciting  announcements, publications and reprints. Got stuck on current work?  Post your question on Table Talk.  The important thing is that we want to hear from you.

Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The world of self-publishing

As a newbie when it comes to the world of fiction writing, I am hoping to capitalize on the experience and guidance of you veteran CCW members as I'm about to publish my first book. Since I know nothing about self-publishing (other than it's probably the way to go if I'd like to get a book out in my lifetime), I'm very interested in whatever advice you'd like to pass along.

I'll take everything from hearty endorsements ("I loved working with Publisher X") to red flag warnings ("Whatever you do, DO NOT use Publisher Y"). If you have good leads either way, I'm all ears. Anything else you'd like to share in the world of self-publishing would be most appreciated. If it's valuable info, I'll name my first-born after you (as long as you like his name since he's had it for a few decades already).

Thanks for listening--or whatever you're doing here.

Scotty out