Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clarkes Gardens XC Sunday 23 October

Race starts at 10am

Marshals if you can help set up the course please meet at 08:00 on the top field by the gate. If you are unable to help setting up please arrive no later than 09:00.

Cheshire Lines volunteers please meet Tony at 09:00 as agreed.

Thanks everyone, I'm sure we'll make it a brilliant race xx

Re: Clarkes Gardens XC Sunday 23 October

Helpers fine to come along to Cheshire Lines club from 9.30-9.45am. Doesn't get busy until later on. Thank Tony

Race 1 NWCCSL - Clarkes Gardens

**Provisional Resuts**

Brilliant start to the season with women's team in 2nd place and men in 1st place with Martin Swensson taking first place in the race.

Thanks to everyone who ran for PLS, counters this week for the women were Hazel McCormick, Kate McFarlane and Katie Johnson, while for men Martin Swensson, Stephen Watkin, Lawrence Eccles, Paul Hughes, Neil Bullock and Alex Cowin made sure we won our home fixture.

One million thanks to all the other Striders who turned up in force to setup, marshal and take down the course, and to Marty Hirrell and Michael Devereux for collecting all the gear from the lockup and returning it after the race.

Tony Man and his beautiful helpers Billy Sergeson, Sarah Meyers, Gill Darby and Tony Hewitson made sure everyone was fed and watered while we waited for the results and we were all complimented for putting on a great race.

444 finishers plus guest makes this the biggest xc fixture we've ever had. Pat yourselves on the back because today we did good.

Thanks
C

photos:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskMfTDDv

Anna

Great effort by everybody from the club at the XC yesterday - runners, supporters and organisers. You can't beat Clarke Gardens in the autumn - a beautiful country park within the city - perfect for XC running!

Cristina mentioned I was first in the race. I was fortunate to be first counter home this time, but I have to mention that the race overall was won by my good friend (and former Strider) James McNally from Liverpool Harriers running in the race as a guest.