Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Awards Night :Friday 5th May

Hi everyone, please save the date of Friday 5th May for our annual Awards Night at Aigburth People's Hall. Further details to follow! #teampls

Re: Awards Night :Friday 5th May

Hi everyone, tickets are now available at £8 each for our annual Awards Night at Aigburth People's Hall on Friday 5th May, 7pm until Richard chucks us out (just in time for parkrun the next morning).

The ticket price includes a buffet, disco and the usual general shenanigans.

You can get your tickets via the members' area of our website, in the usual way:

https://webcollect.org.uk/pls/event/awards-night

Hope to see you there! #teampls #nofomo

Come on Striders, let's get booking for our annual Awards Night on Friday 5th May, 7pm until late. It promises to be a great night, as always - disco, food, trophies and shenanigans, what more could we need?

Tickets are available at £8 each via the usual link, and friends and family are welcome to join us. Don't miss out! xxx #teampls #nofomo #debaucheryisus

PS How I love talking to myself in my own private message thread... #billynomates

Hi everyone, with payday upon us when better to get your tickets for the Awards Night on Friday 5th May?

It might seem quite a long way ahead just yet, but life is so much easier all round when we can plan accurately because we have a good idea of how many guests to expect.

Come on guys, we're all volunteers - please help make our job a bit more straightforward and get your tickets as soon as possible. it promises to be a great night!

Electronic tickets are flying off the virtual shelves for our annual Awards Night on Friday 5th May at Aigburth People's Hall - it promises to get messy and if it doesn't, I want my money back!

You all know the drill - 7pm start, tickets £8, friends and family welcome, disco and buffet included.

The party will finish when Richard kicks us out - so straight to parkrun for 9am it is!

Tickets via the usual link: just copy and paste this bad boy:

Join us! #teampls #partytime #nofomo #notgonnabeg

Let me interrupt the Claire Meadows show for a minute to re-assure you that it is not only Claire who bubbling over with excitement about our forthcoming awards night!

This is the club's main annual social event and exists not only to celebrate the achievements of members and of the club itself, but also to provide a great night out for all members in a relaxed atmosphere at our spiritual home of Aigburth People's Hall at the ridiculously cheap price of just £8 per head (who writes this stuff? Andy Cantwell?)

In particular, it would great to see as many members as possible who contributed to the mens and womens cross-country successes over the winter

So, as Claire may already have mentioned, unless war breaks out, there is no reason not to join the many members who've already bought a ticket and will be celebrating with us at APH on May 5th. It promises to be a memorable night (and if you can't remember much about it on Saturday morning, no doubt someone will tell you what happened - that's just the sort of club we are)

Yay, proof that someone else is reading this stuff!

We have already sold a whopping 68 tickets for our Awards Night, so we are very hopeful of smashing last year's total of around 80 Striders, friends and family members.

If you don't have your ticket yet, what's kept you? Get booking and join in the fun - you won't regret it!

Link for ticket sales is right here:

#teampls #sorrynigel #nofomo

There has been a fantastic response to preparations for our Awards Night and we have already sold a whopping 82 tickets - should be an amazing night!

If you don't have your tickets yet, copy and paste this link and get booking. We are Penny Lane!

93 tickets sold already for our Awards Night - when they're gone, they're gone! #getbooking #teampls #nofomo

Hi everyone, ticket sales for our Awards Night are now well into triple figures and we are very close to capacity. Please, if you plan to join us, get your ticket straight away to avoid disappointment. So much hard work has gone into planning this event from a team of clubmates who are all volunteers. Help us out and get your ticket this weekend 😉 xxx #teampls #nofomo #thatsitfromme #imout

Hi everyone, we are very close to capacity now so we are likely to sell out within the next couple of days. Please, if you plan to join us, go online and book your tickets right away. I might just go away and lie down somewhere until it's all over... #partytime

One last call for Awards Night tickets - we have about 6 left, so if you're planning to join us, you know what to do. Not long to go now and then I will leave you in peace! #nofomo #teampls #partytime

Just in case there's anyone still in doubt about the Awards Night, here's the score: it's happening on Friday 5th May at 7pm at Aigburth People's Hall. Tickets cost £8 and you can buy them via WebCollect. The price includes a buffet and a disco. Friends and family are welcome. There aren't many tickets left. See you there #nomorehashtags

Arrangements for the Awards Night on Friday are as follows:

7.00pm: party starts
7.45pm: awards distributed

Buffet, disco and general messiness will follow the awards distribution. See you there! #nomorehashtags

It's almost time!! I can't wait for this event each year, my favourite PLS event!

Well done and thank you to Claire and the committee for sorting everything out. And, thanks to Richie and the APH guys for the venue.

What time is the Best Looking Male Award being presented? Just so I make sure I'm in the room to collect it again. #fiveyears

3 tickets left for tomorrow night.

Hi, the Awards Night tomorrow starts at 7pm and the awards presentation will be at 7.45pm. It's really important that everyone is there by then, in order to avoid disrupting this key part of the evening. Buffet and disco will follow the awards distribution.

Hi Clare, will there be a raffle tomorrow night? good chance to get rid of unwanted Christmas prezzies and bottles of Brut

Hi Terry,

I'm not sure if Claire has seen this message but I'm sure that there isn't a raffle at the do.

If I'm incorrect, I shall retract my answer. 😉

See you tomorrow!

So were the awards winners on Friday? As in, Club champ, Most Improved etc etc

Get on Facebook Tony

T Man
So were the awards winners on Friday? As in, Club champ, Most Improved etc etc

does anybody know?
There's nothing on grinder

All the details of winners are in the Striding Report.