Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Relay Season

Hi everyone, September will be 'Relay Season' with 3 separate events taking place on consecutive Saturdays throughout the month.

Full details of these events are provided in our shiny new flyer on the club's Facebook page, and we hope you will find it useful - we will also email this to all members.

Any questions, just ask us! Andy, Helen and Claire xxx

Re: Relay Season

Sounds like fun I remember the first relay it was fantastic , Where do we send the payment as you can count me in .👣👣😎👣👣

Thanks Andy, I shall post the link shortly xxx

https://webcollect.org.uk/pls/event/handicap-relays-1

Link to bookings for the Handicap Relays

Count me in for Blackpool and Manchester captain!

Can't confirm re the handicap relays yet as my children are competing elsewhere that day

Nige

Andy has asked for expressions of interest by email for Blackpool and Manchester.

Yes, please email Andy (andy.cantwell77@gmail.com) or myself (helen.sheridan@gmail.com) to confirm entry into the North-West 4 and 3 stage relays (9th September, Stanley Park, Blackpool) and the Northern 6 and 4 stage relays (16th September, Sport city, Manchester)

Bumping this back up! Relay month is now NEXT MONTH! If you would like to take part in the north-west relays or the northern relays please get in touch with myself (helen.sheridan@gmail.com) (women's captain - so I will be entering our women's teams) or Andy Cantwell (men's captain andy.cantwell77@gmail.com) who will be entering the men's teams.

More info and FAQs can be found in the document that was emailed to all members on 24th July, but if you have any more questions just ask myself, Andy or any other committee member on a club night.

Hi everyone, just a reminder about some important relay information.

September will be 'Relay Season' with 3 separate events taking place on consecutive Saturdays throughout the month.

Full details of these events are provided in our shiny new flyer emailed out to all members on 24th July, and this is also on our Facebook page. We hope you will find it useful.

Any questions, just ask us! Andy, Helen and Claire

Relays Update: Hi everyone, please remember to check out the relays information which was emailed to all members on 24th July. Helen, Andy and I would love to get as many members involved as possible. The key dates are Saturdays 2nd, 9th and 16th September - we have also created Facebook events on this page to help you find the information. Any questions, please ask - come and join in the fun!

Here's a little update for the women's teams so far for the events on the 9th and 16th September:

North west relays, 9th Sept -

Helen Osborne
Claire Meadows
Charlotte Rawcliffe
Annmarie Williams
Katie Johnson
Pam Thurtle

Northern relays, 16th Sept -

Helen Osborne
Claire Meadows
Charlotte Rawcliffe
Liz Turner
Kate MacFarlane
Charlotte Sanderson-Rigby

Any women who would like to join in the fun on these dates please email me on helen.sheridan@gmail.com

Hi everyone! There has been a great response to the Handicap Relays on 2nd September. Please copy and paste the following link to enable you to sign up: we would like as many members as possible to take part. It's always a great fun event!

https://webcollect.org.uk/pls/event/handicap-relays-1

The cost is £5 per person, which is a contribution towards refreshments and prizes. The event works something like this:

3.30-3.45pm: runners assemble near the parkrun start line in Princes Park and are allocated teams of 3 according to a top secret formula.

4.00pm: relay begins. Each runner completes 2 non-consecutive laps of the course, with the finish time recorded as the 3rd runner crosses the finish line for the second time.

5.00pm approx: results announced and prizes presented.

5.15pm approx: everyone back to Aigburth People's Hall for food, chat and general shenanigans.

What's not to love about that? See you there! #teampls #nofomo

Delighted to say that we have set yet another PB for Strider participation in this year's Handicap Relays - and the deadline is still several hours away! Don't miss out - let's smash last year and the year before. Sign up via the link in my previous post on this thread - any problems, let me know. We are Penny Lane!

Thank you to everyone who came along to the Handicap Relays yesterday and made the event such a success. A special mention to the army of helpers who ensured that everything went so smoothly. See you all again soon.