Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Men's Relay Teams

Afternoon Striders,

I am back in the country and catching up on all things PLS. My main job at the moment is to get the Men's Teams sorted for the relay events in Blackpool on September 9th and Manchester on September 16th.

The men are currently lagging way behind the women in terms of numbers so it is time we caught up.

Here are the names I have so far:

09/09
Andy Cantwell
Nigel Grant

16/09
Andy Cantwell
Nigel Grant
Andrew Biddle
Scott Montgomery

You know what I am like around this time of year, so unless you want a barrage of messages...let me know if you are in or out.

Thanks

Re: Men's Relay Teams

Hi Andy,
Would you put me down for the relays, I can make all dates.

Thanks

Steve

The story so far:

Sept 9th, Blackpool
Andy Cantwell
Nigel Grant
Phil Riding
Jay Clarke
Gavin Amelia
Mal Gordon
Neil Hammett
Josh Keogh
Alex Cowin
Colin Dobbs
Eamonn Brady
Martin Swensson
Steve Holmes
Neil Bullock
Chris Maher
Currently one man short of four full teams

Sept 16th, Manchester
Andy Cantwell
Andy Biddle
Scott Montgomery
Nigel Grant
Simon Birtles
Graham Douglas
Phil Riding
Josh Keogh
Alex Cowin
Colin Dobbs
Mike O'Rourke
Sam Evans
Eamonn Brady
Martin Swensson
Steve Holmes
Neil Bullock
Barry Bright
Ste Gorman
Mal Balmer
Chris Maher
Tony Peacock
Andy Keeley
Currently two men short of four full teams.

Cheers

Great work by Andy in pulling these teams together. Still room for plenty more!

Men's Relay Teams **UPDATE**

Sept 9th, Blackpool (Teams of 4)
19 athletes registered so ONE short of 5 full teams

Sept 16th, Manchester (Teams of 6)
28 athletes registered so TWO short of 5 full teams

These are some serious levels of participation and the best part about it is that there really is a representation of the whole club.

It's not to late to take part, just let me know by responding below or emailing me at Andy.cantwell77@gmail.com

Also, if you have already registered interest but can't make it...can you let me know as soon as possible please?

Happy Relaying!

Relay place available

Anyone who knows me will know how much I love the road relays.

I'm therefore totally gutted that I've learned I am going to miss both the Blackpool and Sportcity events due to a persistent injury

I'm therefore appealing on Andy Cantwell's behalf for someone to come in and replace me.

Thankfully the club has many excellent male runners (many of whom are far quicker than me even when I'm fit) and I'm hopeful this appeal will not only find a replacement but will strengthen the team which I was going to be in

I intend to be at both events as cheerleader-in-chief as we seek to reproduce the form which qualified us to compete against the country's top running clubs at our first ever national road race final back in April

So come on lads, step up to the plate and enjoy the honour of representing this great club of ours. There's a pint in it for whoever replaces me (terms and conditions apply)

Nige