Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NW Road Relays 2017, Saturday 9th September, Stanley Park, Blackpool

Great Afternoon to you all!!

Entires have been processed for the men's and women's squads for this coming Saturday. Now it is time to get logistic!

Event Details
Venue: Stanley Park Blackpool, West Park Drive, Blackpool, FY3 9HQ
Time: Senior Women's Race- 13:20
Senior Men's Race- 14:30
Structure: Women's Race- 3 x 5.2km
Men's Race- 4 x 6.6km

Men's Squad
Marty Hirrell
Andy Cantwell
Phil Riding
Jay Clarke
Gavin Melia
Mal Gordon
Neil Hannett
Josh Keogh
Alex Cowin
Colin Dobbs
Eamonn Brady
Martin Swensson
Steve Holmes
Neil Bullock
Chris Maher
Jerome Doyle
Rob Garth
Andrew Troy
Tony Green
Richard Stafford

Women's Squad
Helen Osborne
Claire Meadows
Charlotte Rawcliffe
Annmarie Williams
Katie Johnson
Pamela Thurtle
Hazel Batty
Kennedy Proctor
Lauren Wilson
Louise Davison

What we need to do now is begin to make the arrangements for car shares, meeting points and parking. The latter may be a slight problem as our races are towards the end of the day so it will be limited.
If you need a lift, or can offer a lift, please post below so we can begin to make sure that nobody gets left in limbo.
Also, if anybody NEEDS a particular leg can you let either Helen or myself know asap. We will do all we can to manage your requests but please be patient and understanding that not everybody will be able to run at the time they want, should there be high demand for certain legs.

Just to finish off this message, Helen and I are extremely grateful and proud of this turnout. All we have to do now is have an absilutely awesome day and give it our collective best shot.

Thanks
Andy and Helen

Re: NW Road Relays 2017, Saturday 9th September, Stanley Park, Blackpool

Hi everyone,

I have no preference for any particular leg, I will do as I am told. I would really appreciate a lift though - happy to reciprocate for the next relays. Thank you, Andy and Helen for all your hard work getting these squads together.

Thanks for organising you guys! I have no preference on leg and am happy to give people a lift, can fit 3 or 4 in my car. I'm planning to be there for pretty well the while day also.

I am happy to do any leg and have space for 3. I live in Childwall, so anyone near by? Also happy to meet at Garston. 😁

Neil, please could I jump in with you? That would be perfect, thank you ☺️

Sound Claire, still room for two more. XX

That's brilliant Neil, thank you

Hi Colin, Neil

Could I grab a lift too please? I'm pretty hygienic and generous with petrol money!

Cheers
P

Hi,

Neil, Colin, can I jump in with one of you two please?

Rob

Calling all heroes,

We are one short of six full teams! Is there a hero out there with a couple of hours to spare on Saturday 16th September?

Let me know if you are that guy! X

Hi

Can I have a lift please? I can do any leg.

I am planning on setting off about 12.30pm. I have offered Eamonn a lift and will have space for a couple more. Andrew/Rob - are you two sorted now? If not, let me know lads.

Hopefully, everybody now has their transport sorted for Blackpool tomorrow. Butty supplies have been purchased and gazebo is ready to go.

Don't forget this...

...all athletes MUST be wearing club vests!

To cover any issues we may encounter with newer members not having a vest, can anybody with a spare vest please bring it along?

Let's do this!

Great to see so many of our runners getting involved with this event - the road relays are always one of the highlights in the running calendar!

I'm getting a lift with John Connolly tomorrow. Will see you all up there. Do we know the running order yet?

Martin

Wish I could make it guys, bring on 2018!

Good luck everyone, enjoy it.

Morning all!

I don't suppose any one has a spare vest? I have one of the white training tops but my vest still hasn't come through.. ..

Cheers in hope?

Rich

If you're there by 2pm you can have mine as I'm not running. If not, it is worth remembering that because it's the relays only 25% of runners are running at any one time. Text me on 07979 315514 if needed as no internet from 845 onwards. Nige

Best of luck to you all today, hope the weather improves .Great turnout for the club.well done to all involved.

Absolutely superb performances by all our athletes at the road relays yesterday.

Bronze medal in the Merseyside Championships for the men for the third time in four years. Well done to the speedy quartet of Martin Swensson, Chris Maher, Jay Clarke and Alex Cowin.

However, in the womens event.....

We not only won GOLD in the Merseyide Championships but were actually overall North West Champions, FIRST out of 51 teams from North West England.

Lauren Wilson, Katie Johnson and Hazel MacCormick - your names will go down in Penny Lane Striders history as this is without doubt the greatest ever achievement in the club's 32-year existence

Great performances by all who represented the club on the day, and a massive thanks in particular to captains Andy Cantwell and Helen Osborne, without whose leadership and organisation magnificent results like these simply would not be possible.