Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off Road - summer fell run

Show of hands...
Come spring/summer's lighter nights, how many of you would be interested in a, once a month, fell run :mountain: :runner: alternative to club session?
Don't be scared, I won't take you scrambling gullies, that's my weekend's treat :wink: :+1:
It would be structured exactly like a club night, but on the fells :mountain: :the_horns:

Re: Off Road - summer fell run

Right-o, response over our other social media was overwhelming towards a yes, so I've decided to put it up every 2nd Thursday of the month, starting from April.

• 1st Date and time: Thu 11.04.2019 @6:15pm

• Format: depending on attendance, there will be groups, exactly like at club nights. If attendance is low, we will re-group, again as per standard club's practice. Route will follow well know and marked paths, such as the Offa's Dyke. Run will last 80mins ish

• Logistics: personally, I can offer to meet at McDonald's, Moor Ln, Widnes WA8 7AP @5pm for car sharing and avoiding multiple bridge's charges, but I understand everyone will have their own working/life arrangement, therefore I will leave this bit to sort out between yourselves

Any questions, fire away.
Simo
Off Road manager

Our first summer alternative off road training session is getting closer :mountain: :muscle:
If you haven't already, get yourself a pair of trail shoes (I'll be gentle the first time, you'll buy crampons next :smile: :wink: ) and a waterproof cagoule..
I don't anticipate any other gear required...
Fire up any questions here, if you have any, so I can clarify in time and you don't arrive unprepared :+1:

One week before our first summer alternative off road training ⛰️👍
Thu 11.04 @6:15pm
start at this point https://maps.app.goo.gl/14jBo

Right oh folks,
Weather for Thu is fine, I'd say only gear needed is a windproof jacket, just in case⛰👍
See you @1815, Moel Famau's layby just passed the toilets, see pic.. Bwlch Pen Barras LL15 1UZ
https://maps.google.com/?q=53.135571,-3.254683

I hope the starting time will suit more people this time ⛰️💪

MAY 9
Summer Fell Run #2
Thursday, 9 May 2019 from 18:45-21:45

Summer fell run #2 Thu 09.05 @1845 prompt
weather looks good ish...
gear recommend: a wind jacket and perhaps a spare extra layer, for those who do not overheat like me :wink:
post here if you'd like to meet @1730 for car sharing..
At McD's carpark, Moor Ln, Widnes WA8 7AP
directions

Summer fell run #3 Thu 11.07 @1845 prompt

I made an educated decision to skip June altogether, in order for everyone to enjoy all ORC midweek races available without having to compromise...
Also I'm on leave, and I don't want to miss out :grin: :joy:

So we resume in July and this time we'll start from a slightly different location, easier to reach, also to offer another take on the Clwydian range, see link below.
Druid Inn, Llanferres, Mold CH7 5SN
Post here if you'd like to meet on the night @1730 for car sharing at McD's carpark, Moor Ln, Widnes WA8 7AP
directions

All other details remain unchanged, see above.
I will post nearer the time to advise on gear to wear/carry, weather depended.

Happy off road running
Simo
:mountain: :snow_capped_mountain: :goat: :sheep: :chipmunk: :water_buffalo:

Re: summer fell run #3
Cos I'm very organised (not 😉) I've just noticed the Druid fell race, starting from the same spot we're supposed to meet, is the night before our run. Therefore I'm combining the two...

WED 10 The Druid (*) BS 8km/366m 5miles/1200ft PM
Details: 7.30 pm £4.00 on day only
Venue: Druid Inn, Llanferres (on A494, west of Mold, GR 188605). Limited parking. Please car share.
Age limit: Over 16
Records: Adam Peers 30.41 2010 Laura Bestow 38.33 2010
Organiser: Gareth Jaggard 07810 808884 gaz_jag@hotmail.com www.clwydianrangerunners.co.uk

WFRA RACES: JULY 2019

Hi peeps,
I hope you had a relaxing week of tarmac last week, and that you are ready for some challenging running this week :mountain: :muscle:
The weather seems a bit uncertain for Wed, so bring a waterproof jacket, just in case.
Race is all flagged/marshalled, so no nav skills required.
If you fancy car sharing, I'm available to pick up from McD Widnes, under the new bridge.

Also, ORC Bollington Nostalgia is coming up on Sunday...don't miss out!
See my other post.

Apologies for the last minute reminder....

Date: Tomorrow 08.08
Time: 1830
Place: Druid Inn carpark, Llanferres, Mold CH7 5SN
Gear required: waterproof jacket

Post here for carshare