Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: July race reports and results

31st July
Ponderosa fell race
4 hilly miles

4th Lawrence Eccles 27:02

The rain cleared and the ground dried, mostly, in time for the race. Apparently the morning was terrible. It was still cold. I wore some sleeves, and a snood, which I know Nigel disapproves of. The same Nigel who wears those tartan shorts. Anyhow, the race went well, but for finishing 4th. Still I got a bottle of wine, although 3rd got 2. The winner got a framed drawing done by the race organiser and wine. Another good feature of this race is that prizes are given as you cross the finish line, so no waiting around. Maybe if the cafe was open there would be a more traditional prize giving.

Clywdian 10
28/7/19

24. Richard Costain 2:24:55

I'd entered the 20 miler, but due to the poor weather and the 20 mile route being deemed too hazardous by the marshal, they cancelled it and offered us to run the 10 miler instead. In one way that was a relief.

Thrashing horizontal headwind, zero visibility and a lot of hill walking - thank God it was a training run!
I was somehow entered as a Vet40 as well, it made me laugh anyway.

Would still recommend, despite being an absolute beast.

RC
Clywdian 10
28/7/19

24. Richard Costain 2:24:55

I'd entered the 20 miler, but due to the poor weather and the 20 mile route being deemed too hazardous by the marshal, they cancelled it and offered us to run the 10 miler instead. In one way that was a relief.

Thrashing horizontal headwind, zero visibility and a lot of hill walking - thank God it was a training run!
I was somehow entered as a Vet40 as well, it made me laugh anyway.

Would still recommend, despite being an absolute beast.
I plan to put it back into the ORC next season, all being good with dates.
It gathered momentum within PLS in 2018, then RO decided to move it to a totally PLS un-friendly racing zone...how inconsiderate ;-D

Aintree Race Course
Half Marathon
21st July 2019

8th PHIL RIDING 01:23:05

Late to the party with a July result...
10/7/19
Wirral AC Endurance Open Series 10,000m
Colin Walsh 38:27