The spring/summer's nights are getting lighter and the mountains drier..
If you already have withdrawal symptoms from the cross country season, fear not, because….
By popular demand, once again for 2020, the monthly training sessions for off road enthusiasts ARE BACK :snow_capped_mountain: :sparkler: :facepunch: :tada:
Before you swipe me away, I promise I won't take you scrambling gullies, that's my personal weekend's treat :ram:
It is structured exactly like a club night, with groups’ leaders etc., but on hills/fells, where mud is your friend and ally.
You’ll do approx. 80-90 mins of running/walking
You’ll need a good pair of trail/fell shoes and a waterproof jacket (get 10% off at sportshoes.com with PLS).
Dates, times, routes and locations are as follow:
• Thu 30.04 @6:15pm – Wobbler route; Frodsham Community Centre, Fluin Ln, Frodsham WA6 7QN (please park OUTSIDE the community centre’s boundaries) Sat Nav
• Thu 21.05 @06:45pm – Druid/Beast routes; Druid Inn, Llanferres, Mold CH7 5SN Sat Nav
• Wed 24.06 @07:00pm – Penbarras Blast ; Moel Famau Car Park, Bwlch Pen Barras, Mold CH7 5SH Sat Nav
• Thu 30.07 @06:45pm – Cilcain show route; Water Works, Unnamed Road, Mold Sat Nav
• Thu 27.08 @06:15pm - Wobbler route; Frodsham Community Centre, Fluin Ln, Frodsham WA6 7QN (please park OUTSIDE the community centre’s boundaries) Sat Nav
NOTE: Penbarras Blast in June is an actual event, therefore I recommend to arrive at least half an hour early to enter. Also bring coins for carpark
Logistics: last year I found a good spot for lifts is McDonald's, Moor Ln, Widnes WA8 7AP Sat Nav @05:30pm, to avoid multiple Dick Turpin bridge's charges, but if it’s not convenient to you, please feel free to post for alternative arrangements.
With the confidence of keeping these locked in, if dates clash with ORC events TBC or my personal plans, I will post here to re-arrange.
For further details, please reply here or on PLS WhatsApp
Off Road Manager