Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Andrew Stansfield 5K

Hi folks,
If anyone has any questions about the event, please post here?

Re: Andrew Stansfield 5K

Bringing this back to the top:

**Andrew Stansfield Curry Night and Handicap 5K – 9th November**

A reminder folks to get booked on the Andrew Stansfield 5K Curry Night
There is nothing better than going eyeballs out on The Prom on a Tuesday night in a 5K in the onset of winter knowing that a curry awaits you.

It’s just £7 and we need to get the food order sorted in good time to ensure we’re all well fed.

And please bring along raffle prizes on the night.

We’ve had no social events for ages so let’s make it a good one.

Thanks

The Social Committee

Hi
It says £5 on webcollect

Good spot. It's only £5. The Awards Night/Christmas Party is £7

Hello fellow striders,
Ahead of the Andrew Stansfield 5K see below the instructions for the night.

Race instructions
1. A race briefing with take place at the police club at 18:30 and the first wave of runners will start at 19:00.
2. It is a handicap race which requires you to estimate the time it takes you to run 5k….an honest estimation. We believe in the past informal stewards inquiries have taken place(Marty Hirrell😜).
3. Each wave will be announced at the start line; from the slowest wave to the fastest e.g 35mins start time 19:00, 34 mins start time 19:01 and so forth.
4. Volunteers will be along the route and at the turning point supporting and guiding you on what will undoubtedly be a prom 5k pb.
5. After the race the curry, prize giving and raffle will take place at the Police Club.

Meal instructions
1. In the wonderful work of Covid, the food will be pre-served and available at the side of the bar from 20:15. You will be invited to collect your meal table by table.
2. Drinks can be purchased at the bar, cash and card accepted.
3. For those of you planning a late one the Police Club closes at 23:00

Raffle and prize giving
1. Weather permitting, the raffle and prize giving will take place outside.
2. We will have the annual raffle, tickets will be available on the night. Any prizes that you can bring along with be greatly received and don’t forget to crack open your piggy bank to buy tickets.

Safety advice regarding COVID-19
We appreciate that you are all adults and can make your own informed decisions, however with over 100 people signed up, the venue will be at capacity. The club recommends that:

1. You maintain social distancing as much as possible for the evening.
2. You take a lateral flow test pre and post the event.
3. Unless exempt for medical reasons, you wear a face mask in situations where social distancing is not possible e.g. when queuing for drinks at the bar and when not seated.
4. You avoid mass gatherings at the start and finish of the race.

We look forward to seeing you and wishing you a cracking evening.

The Committee

Hi all,
There will be 2 curry options on the night:
1. Meat
2. Non meat, suitable for vegans and will also be gluten free and nut free.

Hi mate.

Do you need any more volunteers for marshalling? Happy to help if needs be.

Cheers.

Hi Matty
You are always welcome to volunteer but if you were planning to run on the night don’t change your plans.

Hi Julien,

Has entry now closed for this event? My son (Thomas Back) will be home from Uni for a few days, and would enter if there was space (as would I). No problem if it's full - we should have signed up earlier.

Thanks,

Graeme

Hi Julien

Trying to buy a ticket for this tonight - says event closed.

Can you accept any late entries this week?

Thanks

Hi Stephen,
WebCollect has been re-opened until the 04 Nov.

Hi Julian, entered via webcollect on Sunday but haven’t received confirmation and have now been locked out of account. Do you have me down as having entered, if not can you email me bank details and I will pay entry that way

Thanks

Dan Thomas

Hi Julien,
Just seeing if there’s any chance I could run next week, and miss the curry if it’s too tricky to add more numbers on? Sorry to be a pain - I only get my rota for work the week before, and I do a lot of late shifts, so wasn’t sure I would be free. No worries at all if not - it’s just on the off chance!

No problem mate. Come on down. Some people have called off

Hi,
You have signed up