Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
XC at Clarke's Gardens next weekend

Hi all,

If you are running at next weekends XC at Clarke’s Gardens please note the following:

• We have altered the route due to downed trees. It will be one small lap (yellow loop) and two large laps (yellow and blue loop). It is around 4.8 miles. We will have a few print outs of the route on the day. The course at the moment is pretty dry, including the infamous Dingly Dell, but let’s see what happens this week!
• Hazards specific to this course are:
o Around 10 steps in the woodland that you go down (there will be a marshal to highlight it)
o A short gravelly path (newish) that you go up (there will be a marshal to highlight it)
o Low branches through the woodland
o Small water filled ditch (there will be a marshal to highlight it)
• If driving please car share where possible. There is a public car park at the bottom of the hill, by the Allerton Hall pub but most people usually park on Woolton Road. If doing so please don’t block the pavement (e.g. leaving enough space for a double pram to pass easily).
• Please do not to attend if you have any cold or flu symptoms. We recommend wearing of a buff or similar so that you can cover your face in the start/finish area. We also recommend following government guidance to test twice weekly prior to attending.

If any cancellation has to be made (e.g. due to adverse weather), I will post here by 8.30am on the day.

See you all next week 😊,

Anne
Ps - if you would like to see a copy of the route in advance please email me on pennylanestriders+orc@gmail.com

Re: XC at Clarke's Gardens next weekend

Hello Anne,
If you need any Marshall’s next week,I can help out.