Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Role of Welfare Officer

Dear PLS Members,

After a lot of thought, and a really productive discussion with Sarah Jackson, I have decided to rescind my nomination for the role of Welfare Officer. I would like to say a massive thank you to Soraya Meah and Greg Hocking for supporting my nomination.
I strongly believe that Sarah would be the perfect choice for the role, a care provider with safeguarding and welfare in her DNA. Sarah has a well-established network within the sector and will find the role fits well with her existing skillset and passions. She is what the club needs and deserves at this time. Add this to the fact that Sarah is also a club legend and very prominent in the running, racing and endurance competitions, then it makes no sense to waste people’s time and energy in an election.
I have offered my support and assistance to Sarah as the role develops and we both look forward to chatting more about our respective plans and objectives for the role to ensure that the safety and well-being of every current and future member of the club is paramount.
Please join me in wishing Sarah the best of luck.
See you all soon, happy running.
Andy Cantwell