The Fixture List for the coming seaon, April 2012 to March 2013 is
1. Mow Cop Hill Race Sunday 1/4/12
2. Sandstone Trail 10k Sunday 15/4/12
3. Thurstaston MT Challenge Sunday 13/5/12 TBC
4. Harrocks Hill #1 Wednesday 23/5/12
5. Wincle Trout Race Saturday 2/6/12
6. Man v. Horse Saturday 9/6/12 (If we get into Welsh Castles this will replaced. See below)
7. Brinscall Great Hill Race Saturday 16/6/12
8. Bollington Nostagia Sunday 8/7/12
9. Race the Train Saturday 18/8/12
10.Wirrel MT Royden Park Tuesday 4/9/12
11.Wirral MT Arrowe Park Tuesday 25/9/12
12.Sandstone Trail ‘A’ Race Sunday 30/9/12 or 14/10/12 TBC
13.Standish Trail Race Saturday 20/10/12
Standish Trail Race Feb 2013 TBC (Reserve Race is Man v Horse removed)
14.Parbold Hill Race Saturday 9/2/13 TBC
15.Roddlesworth Roller Saturday 10/3/13 TBC
Most of the races are old favourites. Man v Horse is in the plan but will be replaced if we get ateam into the Welsh Castles this year.
After the sparkling finish to this season, with 2 men's team and 1 women's team firsts, this looks like it could be a lively competition next season. The fisture list has again been chosen to maximise participation with 2 of the Wirral Series in the programme. We have included a mixture of short and longer races to meet all needs.
Scoring is as for the XC with 50 pts for the first man and woman home then counting down through the other finishers. Your top 5 scores are used to generate your score and in the event of a tie the 6th event is taken as a tie breaker.
Race #3 has been confirmed!
As I don't seem able to paste links on the forum at the moment, I'll quote the entry form instead...
THURSTASTON MULTI-TERRAIN CHALLENGE
Tuesday 5th June 2012 at 7.15pm
Approx 6 miles on road, path, track and beach terrain. From adjacent to the
Visitors’ Centre, Wirral Country Park, Thurstaston, Wirral.
UNDER UK ATHLETICS RULES
Entry Fees: Club members £4; non-Club members £6.
Enter on the day - Min age: 17 on day of race.