Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mileage for last year and plans for 2014

I've seen a few people post a review of how many miles they have covered in 2013 and their plans for 2014.

What about making it into a feature for the next club magazine?

You could send me your stats for 2013 and aims for 2014. I think it would be a good thing to document and share.

What do you think? If there's enough interest I will set up a series of questions so you can easily compare what you're all doing.

Re: Mileage for last year and plans for 2014

Wow, that'll be a thrilling read

Re: Mileage for last year and plans for 2014

I know, I know Nige. I got the idea because a few people posted a review of 2013 on facebook and added their goals for 2014.

I'm forever trying to find different things to stick in that magazine otherwise it will turn into a constant stream of the same race reports (anyone for a Helsby feature again?) - I could make the numbers a bit more interesting by adding pictures of fluffy kittens.

Come on, you know you want to.

suitable dates for walk in wales

Hello Cristina,

I.m looking at organising another walk in wales and would you have suitable dates which don't clash with X-C etc.

Re: suitable dates for walk in wales

Hi Graham, sounds like a brilliant idea.

Last XC Sun 09 Feb.
Parbold Hill Sat 15 Feb likely to be popular
Wrexham Half Sun 16 Feb - not sure how many doing this one
Cheadle 5 mile Sun 2 Mar it's just me busy that day
Bolton Hill Marathon Sat 8 Mar ditto
Roddlesworth Roller Sun 9 Mar in MT calendar

How about weekend of:

22/23 Feb might be a bit frosty
15/16 Mar
22/23 Mar even better, how about a day in the hills for the equinox, I couldn't think of a better way to welcome spring.

See what you think, I don't mind really I'll just swap my run to another day, the only ones I can't move are the races.

If we want to wait until the weather gets better!-the 22/23rd March might be a good idea and give us a chance to advertise details.

The Liverpool Half is that weekend, so might stop some attending.

Good shout Andy. Never even gave it a thought. Maybe the week before then Graham, what do you think?

sounds good cristina,lets make it the weekend before.

Hi Graham let's try out Sunday 16 March and see what response you get.

As you can see from Dale's thread the road relays are on Sat 15 but they're only short distances, shouldn't stop people going out for a walk on Sunday!

Let's catch up on what you're planning and then we can put it up both here and on facebook.