Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Price of running shoes

Is it just me being a tight old Jock, or do people agree that running shoes have really shot up in price over the past 12 months or so?

Shoes I normally buy used to cost me about £60 a pair; now they're over £80.

Where do people find they get the best deals?

At this rate I'm either going to have to pay more or cut my mileage....

Re: Price of running shoes

Fear not Nige!
I just bought a pair the other day, £49..
I'm afraid you've got to shop around and maybe go for last year model as long as you're not too picky like me...
sportsshoes and startfitness are on my top list at the moment..
also amazon, ebay and pete bland have good deals sometimes....
I found the cheapest is by far sportdirect but running dept's choice is a bit limited...

I hope this help you and others
Ciao
Simo

They are getting ridiculously expensive. I've always found sportsshoes.com the best in terms of range and size/frequency of sales, but it's also worth keeping an eye on www.milletsports.co.uk, www.wiggle.co.uk or www.ratrace.com. Up until last year I would have said sweatshop.co.uk as well, but they definitely seem to have jacked up their prices recently.

The Adidas store at Cheshire Oaks isn't too bad either: you can usually pick up a pair of Bostons or Adioses for about 50 quid.

Have to agree with you on that gripe Nige,Far to expensive,i just think that they have become fashionable with the young ones and the runners are having to pay the price,shop around is the only way,keep on running.

all the florescent dye must cost a few quid