Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Merseyside County Grand Prix 2014

Last week saw the first 3 races in the 2014 Grand Prix. The results for race 1 - Walton Park 5M have been posted on the Road Page at MCAA website (www.merseysidecountyaa.org.uk). PLS Men's team 2nd, Women's team 3rd.

Grand Prix results for races 2 and 3 - Rock 'n' Roll Full and Half Marathons are in the process of being prepared, but are being delayed because the official results do not identify runners' club. I've picked up most PLS runners from postings but if there are any missing then please post asap. Early indications are that PLS men's and women's teams have again performed well.

Next race in the Grand Prix is the Birkenhead Park 5m hosted by Wirral AC on Wednesday 4th June.

Re: Merseyside County Grand Prix 2014

Cheers Tim. Hopefully we can build a bit of momentum as it goes on

just bringing this back to the top of the pile - next race in the Merseyside Grand Prix is the Birkenhead Park 5M on Wednesday 5 June

Hi Tim. Thanks for this.

I've just spotted that Emma Kearney is missing from the Walton Grand Prix scoring. She did 35.49 on the official results. Perhaps they accidentally left off her club.

Should be a few extra points there!

Thanks for that, Oonagh. I've amended the results - doesn't alter the team placings although it narrows the points gap between Knowsley and PLS.
I'll amend the overall standings when I do the results for the next Grand Prix race - Birkenhead Park 5M tomorrow night. Are all you girls geared up for another good turn out?

Are the standings available to look at anywhere?

Hi Andy
as stated in the original posting, results and standings are posted on the Road Page of the new Merseyside County AA website - www.merseysidecountyaa.org.uk. The results for race 1 - Walton Park 5M are on the website. Results for races 2 and 3 - R & R full and half marathons are well advanced but have been slightly delayed because the official results do not identify runners' clubs. Race 4 - Birkenhead Park 5M is tomorrow night. I hope to get all the results from the first 4 races together with the overall standings on the MCAA website by Friday.

Results for the first 4 races in the Grand Prix have now been up-dated and can be viewed on the Merseyside County AA website, as can the latest team and individual standings. Our Men's and Women's teams are both in second place narrowly behind the leaders. In the Women's Individual Standings we have 6 runners in the top 20 - Cheryl Pace (4th), Rachel Rick (5th). Kate McGing (11th), Michelle King (12th),Kathryn Sharkey (14th) and Louise Warn (16th). In the Men's top 20 we have Nigel Grant (11th), Michael O'Rourke (13th) and Chris Lee (16th). Steve Pemberton leads the MV55 category and Mike Devereux the MV60 category. In the female vets categories Cheryl Pace leads the FV35, Jane Nicholson the FV50 and Rachel Rick the FV55+. Well done to all who have taken part especially those who have counted in the Team scores.
With 5 races to go there's plenty of opportunity to consolidate or improve team and individual standings - 4 races are required to qualify in the Individual Competition with the best 4 scores to count.
Next race up is the popular Sefton Park 5M on Wednesday 16 July. Traditionally this race is well-supported by Striders so looking forward to another good turn out.

Hi, Tim - I did not run Walton Hall Park, as I was in Stratford on Avon; Marie Motley ran instead. I did agree it with Jo Davis beforehand. Sadly this means I'm not doing so well. Hey ho. Hopefully I'll get 4 races in. Did go through all the proper channels though.