Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Penny Lane 10k- 20th July

It's that time of year again! We are starting to collect names for people who would like to support our club with its annual 10k race.

The event is to be held at the police club on Riversdale Road on 20th July.

There are many new members who may or may not realise that club members do not enter and are not allowed to run, it is instead a lovely opportunity to give a little something back to Penny Lane Striders.

Sarah Nealy is collecting the names this year. You can leave your name here, or on a private message to Sarah on facebook, or on the Penny Lane facebook group or in person. Please make sure if it is in person you have written down your number to hand over as we really need those too to help in our organisation and management nearer the time.

Thank you so much in advance to those who are happy to give up a few hours to support PLS, some of you have done so for years, it is greatly appreciated.

Re: Penny Lane 10k- 20th July

Sam & Gill Darby happy to help out

I should be ok Michelle

Put me down for helping.

Ta

I'm in!

Count me in

Hi Sarah
Put me down please (07949 752794). Shane is looking after Ethan this year.
Thanks, Carolyn

Thank you to those who have put their names down already!

Me, Jane, and I'm sure Neil K, reporting for lead bike duties!

I should be OK for that day so please count me in. 07740240529

I can also help out on that day

I will be along to help out and take photos of the race.

Hi Shell. I will be ok to help. Tim got me down at the usual Sector 2 part of the course.
You have my number!

Thanks guys. Much appreciated!!

I can help out if needed

Happy to help

I can help out. 07703 383 172

I can help out on that day.

Hi Michelle, count me in, ta.....07765214149

Happy to help, 07557912331, Diane

Hello Michelle,

Sorry I won,t be available to help out at race as I am away on holiday

OK to help out.........07713480150

Should be there to help too.

Thanks everyone. It reallŷ helps when you let us know in advance that you are coming as we allocate roles. Pease do try to let us know in advance, rather than just turn up on the morning, it makes it a lot easier for us. I may also be a little stressed with it being my first race as director!

Sarah will be posting allocated duties on the forum in the next couple of days. We do still require more support as not all positions have a person allocated as yet. So please do let us know if you can help.

Some not so good news, due to us having to pay a hefty sum for the use of the venue for the first time and quite an increase in their food prices, we cannot afford to provide a buffet this year, sorry guys! maybe next year!

Thanks again, it's this club working together that make our event so great.

I'll defo be available to help

Hi guys, my dad will be there Tommy Wilcock. He's available on 07546647823. Thanks Neil

Hi Michelle,

Just to let you know, I won't be marshalling this year. My extremely good excuse is that my partner has volunteered for Red Cross duty at the race, which is arguably more useful anyway!

I'll be hanging around the playground with small people, if anyone else has small people they need to entertain, I'll see you there.

Oonagh