Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum Update

Our Forum has been offline for the last day or two due to the very large volume of messages we had accumulated over the last few years. We had in the region of 5500 posts which is 4500 over our limit for some reason. We have a limit of 1000 posts and I have therefore had to remove older posts. I have had to remove all the posts that have dated back beyond 2014.

Not sure how we have managed to get away with such a high volume of stored posts in the past.

Regards
Dave

Re: Forum Update

Thanks Dave. great job.

I thought it was because we actually paid a subscription fee, which also removes the adverts. Not sure of the added value of all that but I reckon that's why we could have more posts.

I seem to remember the same thing happened last year when the subs ran out (adverts came back and forum froze as presumably the free version has a smaller archive). Did we renew the subscription last year but not this year perhaps?

I am not aware that we paid a subscription for the forum as I never set it up. Perhaps we can look at this for the future as it would give us a much bigger posting limit compared to the 1000 posts we are currently allowed.

To keep everyone in the loop - I have updated all the forum info last night and changed the layout etc. We now have a limit of 200,000 posts which should keep us going for a good few years. All we have to do is renew the account yearly but that is quite straighforward process.