Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MTCT - Robbie Webster's Wobbler 20/8/14 replaces Formby 10k

As the Formby 10k is not happening it has been replaced with a new local event hosted by Helsby RC. Details are below.

An invite to Robbie Webster’s Wobbler – Robbie Webster’s Memorial Race
Following the success of last year’s race I’d like to invite you and your club to join us for this year’s Wobbler. It is a mid week memorial race on Frodsham hill, so it’s easy to get to and a great way to further stoke any inter club rivalries!
Last year we held it as a semi closed race between Spectrum, Tattenhall, Pensby and Helsby so we could have a soft trial of the race. It went very well and saw 93 competitors take it on before a social back at the Helsby Clubhouse.
This year it will be an open race and we are inviting all local clubs to come and have a go. It’s only 8.4km (5.2 miles) yet it packs in 370m (1220ft) of ascent – it’ll leave you wobbling!
Please spread the word within your club email distribution list/ website and I’d be grateful if you could let me know a rough idea of numbers for food (please see below).
Race
Wednesday 20th August @ 7pm, parking at Forest Hills, Frodsham, WA6 6HH. registration from 6:15pm
Costs
• Race entry = £5. This not only gets competitors entry into the race, but it also includes food back at the Helsby Community social club (WA6 0DL) too where the prize giving will be… and yes, there will be cake.
• Anybody Marshalling will get a free buffet afterwards back at the Helsby club
• We’ll ask for £3 per head for anybody wishing to have food who haven’t marshalled or raced – it’ll depend upon numbers and what we’ve catered though as to whether there is any left 
• The event is not for profit and all the race fees will go to the catering, prizes or a charity on Robbie’s behalf.
Numbers
As we’re putting on food at the end it’d be really helpful if we got an idea of numbers that are coming. If you or somebody from your club could drop me a line with an idea of how many people you expect to be running from your club by August 15th that would be a huge help.
Can you help?
Not planning on running and want to see the action close up? Don’t mind marshalling? Please get in touch with me at TheWobbler@baynham-hughes.com
Any Questions?
Please feel free to contact me on the mail address above.
Hope you are well and I look forward to seeing you at registration!
All the best,

Chris Baynham-Hughes.

Re: MTCT - Robbie Webster's Wobbler 20/8/14 replaces Formby 10k

Sounds good. I like the fact that there will be cake!

Re: MTCT - Robbie Webster\'s Wobbler 20/8/14 replaces Formby 10k

Shame :-(
If I knew it earlier I'd cancel my holiday for it ;-)

Ciao
Simo

Re: MTCT - Robbie Webster\\\'s Wobbler 20/8/14 replaces Formby 10k

I am not on holiday and plan to do Robbie Webster's Wobbler.

Re: MTCT - Robbie Webster\\\\\\\'s Wobbler 20/8/14 replaces Formby 10k

Just a reminder that this race is on wednesday.
Should be a good course I reckon but unfortunately I can't make it.

Re: MTCT - Robbie Webster\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Wobbler 2

First running of this event so let's get a big PLS turnout. I'll be there, finally breaking my MTCT duck for the season.

Re: MTCT - Robbie Webster's Wobbler

I'm coming along with Frank and maybe Jane E tomorrow which one's forest hill oh dear I can see I'm gonna be wandering round Delamere for ages.

Re: MTCT - Robbie Webster\'s Wobbler

Cristina use the post code it will direct you to the hotel close to the start. It is just outside Frodsham, we will be running up that hill.