Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Memberships and Club times/championship

Hello All,

Due to quite a number of membership renewals still being outstanding 5 months after the season started, we have now taken the step of removing people's times from the tables on the front page of the website where a membership has not been paid. Unless and until memberships are paid and a membership form submitted, race times will not count for the club championship. Once a membership is paid and a form submitted your times will be reinstated and put back onto the tables. If you think we have removed you in error please contact myself or Andrew Leslie and we will look into the details.
I'd also like to take this opportunity to let new members know that until you formally register with us by submitting a membership form and paying your £25 fee, you should not be registering in races as a Penny Lane Strider or claiming the discount on race entry fees as you will not yet be affiliated with the club or UK Athletics. This also is true for 'existing' members-if you have not renewed by submitting a membership form and paying the annual fee you are technically not a current member and not entitled to the race discounts.
The club relies on the membership fee to continue to exist -please if you are still to pay your membership and/or submit your form for this year can you resolve this quickly? Forms are available on the home page of the website and can be emailed or printed off and given in on a club night to myself or Andy Leslie.
Thanks for your co-operation with this,

Chris

Re: Memberships and Club times/championship

I would like to echo Chris's comments.
Our membership secretary works hard in his own time to get our memberships processed. This is no 5 minute job for a club of 300.
It is the single biggest issue we have and causes multiple problems for the comittee. It also effects the number of London Mara places we are given for the ballot.
Please take a few mins to sort it if you have not got round to it