Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
London Marathon Ballot

I’ve become aware that the London rejection letters have started to hit doormats , which means it’s time for me to start collecting slips for the club London Ballot.

For those that don’t know, as we are part of UKA we are allocated a number (unconfirmed at present) of places for the London Marathon based on how many members we have paid up by a certain date. The draw for these places will take place on the 28th October at the Andrew Stansfield Memorial 5k event.

To enter the club draw, you must

1) Have been a fully paid up member for 6 months prior to the draw. This rule is in place to stop people joining the club, getting a London place and then moving on. This year we will tightening this restriction to exclude any existing member who hadn’t paid in full or sent in a form by 1/6/14.

Chris Lee and I will be reviewing all the potential entrants for the ballot and cross checking against our records to ensure this criteria has been met before the draw is made and our decision whether your name is entered into the ballot will be final.

2) Have entered the original ballot and been rejected

3) Not have obtained a place through any other route (i.e. Good for Age, Charity etc)

If you meet all these criteria, then you need to provide evidence to me that you have entered the ballot. This is usually done via handing the rejection slip (White bit of paper that comes in the envelope with the smug Ironman magazine – not the magazine!) to me or Chris Lee on a club night or sending me an email with proof that you entered the ballot.

Re: London Marathon Ballot

It's that time of year again!

Same rules as last year for the VMLM ballot. Slips to be handed to me or any of the committee on a club night. If you pass it to anyone other than me, please let me know as things have been known to get left in car boots or kit bags!

The corresponding date for this year's Andrew Stansfield Memorial 5k is Tuesday 27th October. Good luck everyone!

Will try and bring my slip on Tuesday, before I lose it!

We're happy to accept email slips as they seem to be trialling an electronic rejection this year. Email to pennylanestriders@gmail.com

E-rejection, the future is here!! The T-1000 can't be far away!