Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MTCT 2014/15 Race 12 - Standish Trail 25/10/14

MTCT race 12
Standish Hall Trail Race, 10k ish
Saturday 25 October 2.30pm

http://www.ukresults.net/14oct.html#standish

Britannia Wigan Hotel, Almond Brook Road, Standish, Wigan WN6 0SR (off J27 M6)
2014 entry fees: £6/£8 +£1 on the day

It's fast approaching, get your calendar junk free and fill it with this!
2 fast laps, ondulated with a mixture of tarmac, woods and tracks..
Can't be missed!

Ciao
Simo

Re: MTCT 2014/15 Race 12 - Standish Trail 25/10/14

Free Wigan pie at the end as well! Good race this one, you can get away with wearing normal trainers.

Lawrence and Cristina, no getting locked in a car park this time

Neil,

I doubt there will be free pie, unless it's a new thing I don't know about?
Saying that, the best pie maker "ever" Galloways is only around the corner from registration, we could pop there for a treat afterwards!

Ciao
Simo

Yeh says on the entry form there's a free Wigan pie at the end. I wouldn't bother entering online through Bookitzone, it's 40p dearer than entering on the day...oh my!

For those who haven't done this one before, it's a very short trip up the M6 (probs about half an hour or less), come off at J27 and go less than half a mile down the road to the Britannia Hotel.

How can life be any better than that?!!
off road racing and food included at the end....
just what the doctor ordered!!

Ciao
Simo

This one clashes with our opening xc home fixture which takes place the next day.
surely we have to make that the priority on this occasion.
Running this the day before would definately weaken our cross country team.

Naah!!
A warm up more like captain

Ciao
Simo

Simo the sunday leage is traditionally our bread and butter. thats why we have a clause in the constitution which invaidates results the same day for the club championship. the main reason being that its one of the few times we get to compete as a team. Of course there is no rule against running the day before but personally i would hope people could put the team first for this unfortunate clash on this one occasion.

Alright Captain,
you're getting very serious, I was just fooling around...
I do agree, so I say we should scrap this race from the MTCT and replace it with another one later in the year or in the new year....
Over to you Andy (Keeley, MTCT captain)!

Ciao
Simo

You'll have to prevent people doing the L&D the day before as well. Beacon Park, tough one that! Also, the McCain challenge is day before Arrowe Park, no doubt we'll have plenty of striders doing both.

Standish Trail has the same race in February, it could be postponed until then, but would depend if any and how many striders have already signed up to this particular race.

Personally, if people are going to do two XC races on a weekend then I don't see it's any different to doing a MT the day before a XC.

We have had both races in the calendar long enough for people to decide what to do and we're all more or less grown ups so enough of this talk of taking it out of the calendar. The next one is day before Birchwood xc anyway so hardly a solution.

Unfortunately this year there are conflicts and double weekends galore in the xc calendar.

I agree we target Sunday, just have a jog around this one on Saturday if you want to do this one as well. Same goes for the L&D fixture. End of.

Our members are all adults and can choose to do what they like. But we have had some great team results/ performances recently and they have not happened by accident. To get a great team result requires a bit of focus and planning as a bear minimum. I think the recent men's team performances speak for themselves.
you can't have your cake and eat it when it comes to racing and I would hope our lads would prioritise the Sunday league over the l&d too. Just a request