Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marshals and Volunteers for Clarkes Gardens xc Sun 26 Oct

First fixture in the Sunday XC League is our very own Clarkes Gardens on SUNDAY 26 OCTOBER.

We need approx. 10 volunteers to marshal the course and carry out start/finish duties, as well as 2 or 3 to help out at the Cheshire Lines club after the event, when everyone descends on the premises for tea and sandwiches while we wait for the results.

If you are not running or have friends and/or family who can spare a couple of hours to lend a hand can you please post here or contact me either at thestridingreport@gmail.com or msg cristinalafiorentina on facebook.

This year there will be new clubs taking part in the Sunday League which means more runners! Let's work together to give them all a warm Penny Lane welcome and make sure we leave Clarkes Gardens as we found it.

Thanks
Cristina

Re: Marshals and Volunteers for Clarkes Gardens xc Sun 26 Oct

Come on Striders! Two volunteers down plenty more to go I hope :-)

I will be on hand to help you set up the course Christina.

Thanks Mike. Are you running the race after?

Also to clarify: need volunteers from 08:00 to start setting up through to around 12:00 to clear up the course or help feed the runners at Cheshire Lines after the race.

Volunteers do not have to be available all morning. If you tell me when you are free I will find you a suitable job for the time you can be around.

Thanks
C

ill help set up and take DOWN

Sam & I would both like to run but happy to help out before/ after.

Brilliant Marty, Sam and Gill. I will be asking the marshals to take down the tape in their respective areas. Sam, if you can hang about and help Marty with the clearing up as well that would be fab. I think we're almost sorted for setting up and taking down now.

Marty, I've contacted the APH to see when I need to go and collect all the bits and bobs.

Gill, you and I can join Tony and Caroline (Matt Tollit's other half!) at Cheshire Lines after the race. It will be a nice warm down ha ha.

I'm after 4 more people to be available during the race, if you and reading this are do not plan to run come down help marshal the race please!

Hi Cristina,
I was hoping it might be my first XC outing! But I can be available before and after to help out.
Anne

Cristina,

I am happy to do all the MC stuff and help out at the finish.

Cris I will marshal

That's great John, can you do the token collection/results sheet at the finish please? Looking forward to the speech already!

Anne if you turn up early you can help us set up, thank you.

Ste Mag I have the perfect marshalling post for you.

Thanks everyone only looking for 2 more marshals now, tell your friends x