Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
XC Race 2 Arrowe Park

Three things to note for the Arrowe Park race:

1. 10am start. This year there is no clash with the Santa Dash therefore the race will not start late has it has done in the past.

2. The course will be run the other way around this year to see if that helps with congestion.

3. Results/Sandwiches in a different place! See directions to the Woodchurch Leisure centre.

Directions to the race:
Follow the M53 from South Wirral or from the Wallasey Tunnel. Exit at Junction 3 and take the A552 towards Heswall. At Arrowe Park gates/Arrowe Park Hotel traffic lights turn left towards Heswall. Turn right at second set of traffic lights into Arrowe Park and the Cherry Orchard pub - CH49 5LW. Park here and the race start is a short distance into the park.

Directions to the sandwiches!!!
After the race follow the directions below to the Woodchurch Leisure Centre CH49 8EH for sandwiches and refreshments whilst awaiting results. Unfortunately there are no showers available. Please be aware of your footwear when entering the building - ie no mud please.

Re: XC Race 2 Arrowe Park

Cristina,

When you say the route will be run the other way round, do you actually mean running 2 big laps and one small at the end?

Don't get me wrong, changes are always welcome, I just wanted to make sure I get it right....
Ta!

Ciao
Simo

Opposite direction so the long grass section is at the end of the laps and the sprint finish is the long very wet straight to "old start" point!?

Would any kind soul be able to offer me a lift for this one? I will pay towards petrol.

Simo this is what Gordon sent through:

"In recent years the start to the course in Arrowe park has been rather problematic, with severe congestion on the rather narrow path in the first mile. We have therefore decided to try a slightly revised course which mainly involves running the course in the opposite direction. Please find attached a map of the new course for your information. The distance is still approximately 4.7 miles.
Looking forward to seeing you all on 30th November.
Gordon Scholefield"

I have uploaded the file to facebook but not sure how do it here. Having said that the course map still shows the course in the direction we are used to so not sure how useful in explaining how it will work this year. I imagine two big laps then one small one?

Unfortunately I've only run that course twice, once years ago and then last year when I had the cold from hell so I don't remember much about the route. I may even have run it the wrong way round then.

Grazie Cristina,
Very handy of you to post his email, I wonder if the other clubs are doing the same...
Otherwise I can see a lot of confusion and mayhem on race day!
Let's hope for the best :-D

Ciao
Simo

Hi folks, is anyone doing this who would be able to give me a lift. I will pay towards travel costs

Billy you are welcome to come with me and my dad and John Guy. My mobile is 07756 212 703 - let me know

Anywhere en route between garston leisure centre and wallasey tunnel I can pick up, no probs.

Please post here if you're still looking for a lift.

Ciao
Simo

Hi Simo, thanks for the offer Kathryn has agreed to pick me up now mate.

cheers Billy

Ok Billy, no probs.

Anyone else interested?

Ciao
Simo

Is anybody meeting at sports centre on Sunday and if so, what time? I've forgotten what time race starts. Also I've got room in my car if anybody needs a lift.

Ian,
I'll meet you @Garston.
say 0830?
race starts @10am

Ciao
Simo

Thanks Simo see you at 0830.

Sorry Christina but due to a virus I will not make it to Arrowe Park.Good luck to all the teams.

Happy to help out with transport if needed

Further to ians offer of transport I will be driving fron prescot and wilk be happy to pick up on route or at garstob

I'll be driving the following route

Cronton > M62> Rocket> Edge Lane > town

If anyone wants a lift, let me know.

Phil : if you want a lift, I can pick you up at the premier inn just off tarbock island. Let me know

Andy

Cheers Andy, what time?

I'll leave mine at 8:30 so 8:35 at the premier inn

Brilliant, much appreciated!