Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
annual xmas gallop

The annual xmas gallop will be on sunday 21st December starting from the club from between 8am to 8-30 depending on your group. This will be followed by breakfast at Aigburth peoples hall at 11-30am. A buffet style breakfast is being offered at £5 per person. So I'd be greatfull if you can let me know whos coming for the breakfast. Thanks.

Re: annual xmas gallop

Eamonn ,hope to back at the club next week, will pay for the xmas party and the Breakfast. thank you for your time.

Cheers Eamonn, count Rob and I in for breakfast please!!

Just bringing this up to the top again. Need to know if your coming for breakfast after the gallop ? We can not take anyone on the day....sorry. Thagnksg

Hi Eamon - as a new member I am obviously interested in the xmas gallop but would (if possible) like to know a bit more about it?

Cheers
Phil

Phil,
the Devil's Gallop (DG) is a training run we do during the summer, every last thursday of each month to be precise.
it's 9ish miles, it runs along speke blv, hale road then along the stretch of beach parallel to Liverpool's airport.
Some people leave a bit earlier to do the Great DG, with added mid section through hale village, which makes it 13ish miles, but that's up to you.
Obviously you'll get slighlty caked in mud by the end, but that's for everyone and it's just part of the fun :-)
makes the brekkie even more deserved!

Have fun, I won't make it this time, but I guarantee you'll enjoy it!

Ciao
Simo

Excellent, I'm in!

Just to confirm that Les and I will be at APH hall for breakfast.......but the two old crocks will not be running the Gallop!

Cath Nevin
Just to confirm that Les and I will be at APH hall for breakfast.......but the two old crocks will not be running the Gallop!
shocking
I will be doing the great gallop and hope a few will join me
easy pace about 2hrs 15 min for the run so will leave at 8.30
then breackfast

Marty. Will join you for the longer run

Group 3 pace gallopers will leave at 8.45am sharp, should take us 1hr 30 so back in plenty of time to get showered and ready for brekkie at APH! Come on, you know u want to!!

Can I ask if anyone is taking Group 4 on the shorter (9ish miles) Gallop? I know Eamon is taking a group to do a separate run that morning.

Yes Michelle, Tony M & I are leading a gp 4 Gallop (9 mile route)
Start time 8.30am.
We will be accompanied by Anna Watkins & her little dog complete with sleigh bells to get us into the festive mood!

Just to confirm, Group 3 gallop is also the 'short' (9m) one!

Really looking forward to it - will give you the money at parkrun, Eamonn

Hi Eamonn, me and Mal Taylor are up for this one. See yea on Tuesday night to pay for it

Hello Marty
Will try and make long run for 8.30

Will everyone be setting off at the same time ( 8 : 30? ) for the longer run?

Count Martin and I in for the 8 30 start

Nige
Count Martin and I in for the 8 30 start

great grammar nige
see you all and I at 8.30

Scottish edducation mate - second to none

For GillD because I know you don't do Facebook
http://instagram.com/p/w4MQOeuUFz/