Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wrexham Half and Full Marathon

Run Wales are starting up s New Full Marathon and Half Marathon on 8th March . Full starts @ 9 Half @ 10AM. described as Fast Course .Any striders Up for this?

Re: Wrexham Half and Full Marathon

Clashes with our MTCT season's finale I'm afraid!!

but hey, it's a free country..

Ciao
Simo

I believe it's the same place as the Village Bakery half & North Wales 10miler? Should be good, as Run Wales generally put on the best events at reasonable cost (in my opinion), and don't bombard you with a plastic bag full of flyers!

If you can't do this one, Run Wales other new event is the Chirk half marathon in the summer. From descriptions sounds like a nice scenic route around the castle and countryside.

I think if you do all 8 events in the year, you get a prize or discounted races for the following year (maybe!)

www.runwales.com
1. Rhyl 10 mile - 22.02.15
2. Wrexham half / full - 08.03.15
3. Snowdonia half - 31.05.15
4. Runfest Wales(5k / 10k / half / full) - 28.06.15
5. Chirk Castle half - 12.07.15 ("...The Castle kitchens will be open on the day to provide you with a feast fit for a king!")
6. North Wales half - 26.07.15
7. Bangor 10k - October 15
8. Conwy half - November 15

Get the dates in the diary!

Or you could go for this one (received this message today via thestridingreport@gmail.com):

Fellow runners

My company events company was invited to help organise and administrate the Village Bakery Wrexham Half Marathon 2015 by Wrexham AAC. I too am a club runner so know what runners want.

I would be grateful if you would advertise the race on your websites and facebook pages etc.

The race is on Sunday 15th Feb 2015 with an 11.00am start. Online entries via www.cutefruitevents.com or www.runnersworld.co.uk

Thanks

Mike Harrington

Agree with Neil on the RunWales races. Some cracking events there - I'll be up for the Chirk Castle half in July.