Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
merseyside l&d champs 11 feb

To be held at clarkes gardens at 11am. I will be entering runners for this shortly

Who would like to run

Re: merseyside l&d champs 11 feb

I plan to do this. I thought it was like the other L&D races and did not require pre-entry.

Yep I'd like to do it. It's on the 8th Feb a week before Parbold Hill Race

Ah yes my mistake it is on the 8th. This one does reqire entry. I received a team entry form via email from the organisers

Could you put my name down for this one ,thanks

and me

Fellers you've motivated me ..... AND ME too

Can you put me on the list as well please

Good man, Jay - you'll love it!

Count me in for this, thanks.

Ciao
Simo

Count me in for this please.

Please add my name as well Dale

Mitch

Can you add me too Skip?

enter me for Merseyside I&d champs 11 feb

Hi Dale
Not sure if I am too late for this now though am I able to take part as my club transfer should have gone through by then, I think I have been told it should be available from 1st Feb.
If it is a problem don't worry and I will come and support instead.
Thanks
Sharon

We will work on the assumpion you will be cleared by then so I will enter you and if it goes through in time then great. Good start on the mens team, any more men or women up for this?

Count me in too Dale. Ta

extract from lps' website:

2015 Championships

I have circulated the entry forms for 113th Liverpool & District Cross Country Union Championships to the club contacts. Please ensure you club have their entries in by 4th February.

For those who have a historical interest in such matters these championships were first held 13th February 1892 at Aintree Racecourse over the steeplechase course and the following clubs closed teams; Liverpool Harriers, Liverpool Gymnasium, Sefton Harriers, Wirral Hare and Hounds, South Liverpool, West Cheshire, Roby Harriers, Birkenhead Eagle, Pembroke, North Liverpool, Birkenhead Gymnasium, Golden Eagle, Florence Harriers and Kingsley Harriers not finishing a team.

In 1915 the L&D championship was cancelled due to outbreak of WW1, competition did not re commence till 1920.

sounds like a big deal!
almost, but it's a stretch, like the NWSCCL

Dale. I am now off to work and unable to make this. I will pay you/club for my pre entry.
Have a good run all.

Does anyone know how we finished today?

Ciao
Simo

Never mind, I found it...

http://www.lps-athletics.co.uk/ld-cross-country/

So I guess we came fourth?
Ciao
Simo

5th. Wallasey got 4th

5th overall. some quality compettition. the cross country 6 mile race was won in 31 mins for example. mens team were first of the sunday league teams to finish by some margin in tropical coditions compared to skem so a good day

I totally agree.
Some quality performance there from our boys and girls,
the usual suspects didn't disappoint, but also Ian Russell and Andy Leslie finished very strong.
Special mention goes to Sharon who ran, in my opinion, the perfect race, using me as a target to get 4th woman overall !!!
Well done Sharon, I wish I could be of use more often, but I suspect you'll have to rely on somebody else faster next time!

Ciao
Simo