Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cross country end of season drinks pi 7 pm

Drinks at pi 7 pm tonight for end of cross country season

Re: Cross country end of season drinks pi 7 pm

Fantastic performances by everyone on the last day of the North West Cross Country Sunday League at Birchwood Forest Park!

Martin Swensson won the race and retained his Individual Men's Winner trophy with an astounding 5 wins over the 6 races.

This year the Men's Team matched Martin's efforts stride for stride, with a fantabulous first place and first win of the Men's Team Trophy for Penny Lane. What a beautiful team we are and what a brilliant job Captain Dale has done of encouraging them all to turn up for every fixture.

The women had a late season surge with the best result of the series: 3rd place today which put us in 4th place overall, an improvement of one placing on last year competition. I think we have a great team in place to have a good go at this next year - you will be hearing from me right through the summer girls!

Finally welcome to the team to Sarah Flanagan who turned up in a pair of trainers and was first of the women's counters in a brilliant 10th place. Sharon Samson was hot on her heels with me bringing up the rear somewhat. Kate Macfarlane has a special mention for Sharon and her enthusiastic encouragement at the end of Kate's race.

Beautiful, beautiful job everyone see you tonight at Pi!!!

Some pics of this fantastic day can be found here

Ciao

Also action shots from mick charman's album

I believe this will be remembered as the battle of the day!

And guess who won it?
yep, that's right.. NEIL did

Action shot is even more fantastic the fact that Neil had lost the sole (and hence spikes) of his shoe earlier. Biscuit well earned

Great effort by everyone this season - really well done!

Wouldn't want to spoil the moment, but mr. saunder has uploaded the results and Sarah's 10th place has been classed as "guest" ..
consequently the women have been demoted to 5th place

Not fair
and potentially incorrect?

Simo,

It's unfortunately correct. Sarah hasn't yet been cleared to run for us by UKA, so Chris and Cristina asked for her to be allocated as a guest.

Great pics simo

Not to worry Simo the women still finished 4th overall which is one place better than last year - onwards and upwards