Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rivington Pike training run

With the Merseyside Fell Championships taking place at Rivington Pike again this year, Saturday 4th April (easter saturday), I was wondering if anyone fancied doing a training run in preparation?
If this race is new to you, it's an out (up) and back (down) race approx 5km in Horwich... http://www.pikeracers.com/page2.htm

I was looking at the weekend of March 14-15th, planning on running the route out and back from the main road turn off, followed by uphill efforts and downhill running. All abilities welcome

If you're interested just post on here and I'll provide some further details nearer the time.

(I assume this race is going to be part of the MTCT calendar again?)

Re: Rivington Pike training run

Fantastic idea Neil,
unfortunately I won't be able to make it, but I think it's ideal also to introduce people to fell running, being in such a compact space...
not to mention a nice day out with a view!

Ciao

I'm up for laps up Rivington pike. How many laps are you planning? 2 or 3 should do it.

Warm up lap, effort lap, cool down lap!!

Was thinking doing a full lap (excluding the initial Lever Park road section) followed by repetitions on sections of the course (tarmac section(s), sheep field, summit). But I'm open to ideas