Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help Wanted

Here are a few areas the committee could do with some support with. We are hugely grateful for the support we already get both in front and behind the scenes from some of our members but the club will only grow and improve with help from members.

Some of them are suggestions made by members who haven't been able to get them going, others are committee led things where we've noted something that needs doing but we want some help to get them started

1) Training Committee

One area we've noted that we need some help with is the management and administration around club training sessions. As a result, we've decided to pull together a sub committee. Some responsibilities could include:
- making sure we have leaders for each group
- preparing the training plans
- putting forward people to become leaders
- administration of putting people through training courses

2) Social Events
Claire Meadows recently became our new Social Sec. Any help in organising some of our upcoming social events would be much appreciated.

3) Kit
John Jensen, Tony Man and Gill Darby all do a great job with the current supply of kit. Help could include helping with distribution, new kit ranges etc

4) Race Committee

It may surprise some of you that the race committee led by Michelle Cobourn are already planning and working hard on the 2016 race. There are loads of ad hoc tasks that are needing to be done so any offers would be appreciated

I think that's enough for now so if anyone wants offer to help or to get involved in any way then please post here or send me a message. Cheers all and have a good weekend racing or running.

Re: Help Wanted

Can I also add to the list 5) website help. For the most part the site runs with minimal input, however I built it with no prior web design experience so if anyone can see or think of a way to improve it, let us know here. We could also make use of any budding journalists out there to keep the News page updated: it's one of the most visited pages on the site, but time consuming to keep fully up to date.

Hello Andy,
I don't mind helping out with the training committee, and am one of the running team leaders.
Possibly another idea is for the club to have running mentors-experienced runners who could give new members advice on training shoes,kit choices,training schedules,suitable races,etc.

graham beardsmore
Hello Andy,
I don't mind helping out with the training committee, and am one of the running team leaders.
Possibly another idea is for the club to have running mentors-experienced runners who could give new members advice on training shoes,kit choices,training schedules,suitable races,etc.

Running Mentors- great idea! Could it work as a feature on the website (news) or in Striding Report?

Graham,

Thanks for your interest and idea re mentors. Could you send me an email to the link on this post so I can pull together a group email? (I've been inundated with offers of help via Facebook)

Cheers
Andy

Training Committee meeting tomorrow (10th September) night at 6:30, before the session.

Training COmmittee

How about 6pm or as soon as possible thereafter?