Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
should grandads run ?

Hi all
I ask the above ,because today after many years of running setting world leading times (including 1 world record }a terrible thing happened to me.
not since the heavy drug taking days when I was beaten by a 40 year old Finish woman ,(who disappeared in suspicious circumstances soon after ) have I been so low.
the cause you may ask of my suicidal thoughts, well at this mornings park run I was overtaken by a slightly balding man PUSHING A PRAM.
any thoughts on my future will be welcomed
marty

Re: should grandads run ?

I think pushchairs are performance-enhancing apparatus. They help with balance and put off runners nearby. Not to mention the personalised encouragement that the occupants provide. I had a very close run with one at Delamere. I'd ban them.

On a separate note at your age I'd start worrying about grandmothers passing you pushing those things, never mind slightly balding men.

In terms of practical advice I suggest those trainers with retractable wheels or skates. If the pram pushers can have wheels so can you. Don't forget to carry a very small child to make up for the weight difference. Actually no, scratch that. You're likely heavy enough without the child.

Don't bother Marty, unless you go back to enhancing drugs!
you'll blend in just fine...

Ciao
Simo

What marty meant to say was 'overtaken twice by a balding, greying man in his 40s pushing a pram'...

Roll us yer cap