Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NWCCSL Race 4 Runcorn Town Park Sat 13 Dec

Info sheet from our friends at Warrington Road Runners.

Please pay close attention to the traffic info. The general idea is GET THERE EARLY because roadworks etc. will make getting to the venue a little more difficult than normal - I know it's a Sunday but I want you all on that field, not stuck in traffic!

NORTH WEST SUNDAY CROSS COUNTRY LEAGUE – RACE 4

SUNDAY 13 DECEMBER 2015
10 AM START
(hosted by Warrington Road Runners
Catering by Lymm Runners)

TOWN PARK, RUNCORN
Information for participating clubs

Dear Club Secretary/Cross Country Captain

The course, as in previous years is adjacent to Brookvale Sports Centre which has again been booked for use of showers and hospitality. There are good car parking facilities.

Brookvale Recreation Centre
Barnfield Avenue
Murdishaw
Runcorn
WA7 6EP

Due to the road works in connection with the new Mersey Gateway bridge, please be aware of ongoing road closures that may affect your journey to Runcorn especially if approaching from Widnes/Runcorn bridge or from M56. Please visit the link below to check your route. Any road closures will have diversion signs in place but may add time to your journey.

http://www.merseygateway.co.uk/

Access to the course is from the back of the sports centre via Stockham Lane (from 9:00 am) near the all weather pitches and access will be from the rear doors of the sports centre. Once on Stockham Lane, approximately 600m on the right (opposite Woodfalls Farm) is a footpath that leads into Town Park and the start/finish area of the course. Signs/marshal to the start of the course will be in place.

Runners are advised to allow sufficient time to get to the start (approx 10 minute walk) and toilet facilities are only at Brookvale Sports Centre.

Course suitable for spikes or studs and is approximately 5 miles, over two laps.

Runners are requested to remove muddy footwear before entering the sports centre

The Gymnasium has been booked where sandwiches and drinks will be provided while results are calculated and announced.

Hope to see a good turn out and fingers crossed for plenty of mud.

Gill Collen
Warrington Road Runners

gill.runner@btinternet.com

Re: NWCCSL Race 4 Runcorn Town Park Sat 13 Dec

Directions to Brookvale Recreation Centre

And if you find yourself running out of time, speaking from experience ;D you can always park on the grass car park off Stockham Lane, which takes you 50m from the start line....

Directions to Stockham Lane

also a perfect getaway if you've only got time for the race, again speaking from experience, past and present ;D

ciao
Simo

Anybody looking to car share to this race, meet me @0815 in the gym's car park.

Ciao
Simo

Good luck to all racing this one on Sunday, sorry I can't be there this week.

Simo

Don't forget me!

I won't!
See you Sunday