Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NWCCSL Race 5 - Arrowe Park - Sun 3 Jan 2016

Race starts at 10:00

Directions:

From M53 Junction 3 take the A552 towards Upton / West Kirby /
Heswall / Hospital.
At lights turn left onto A551 for Heswall / Thingwall.
At second lights turn right into Arrowe Park at Toby Carvery Arrowe
pub.

After the race head to Pensby Recreational Centre for refreshments and results.

Turn right onto A551 to mini-roundabout. Turn right onto B5138 for
Pensby and Heswall. Pass the Pensby Hotel on the right and the Centre
is on the left before the traffic lights. Turn into large car park
through gate in white fence.

In the meantime to get yourself in the mood look at a couple of vids of Runcorn's race here:

Start
After first lap of field
First ski slope

Apologies for:

1. The soundtrack - I always wished I sounded like Grace Jones, sadly we can't always have what we want.
2. The video - next time I'll know to turn the phone sideways
3. Calling Andy Alex. I knew it started with an A.

Re: NWCCSL Race 5 - Arrowe Park - Sun 3 Jan 2016

Is anybody meeting at spots centre tomorrow for cross country and if so what time

Ian I can pick you up from Garston at 8.30am but want to leave the race fairly quickly.

Need some motivation en route though as in a proper cba mood atm

Confirm on here

It's okay Sharon getting a lift of Mike tomorrow thanks anyway.

Sorry forgot to post this here as well for those not on facebook:

NWCCSL Race 5 at Arrowe Park. Well done to all participants for another mud-filled day out at the races!!

Today the boys were 2nd after a very close fought battle with KHAC and LRC - brilliant effort by all and special thanks to counters on the day Colin Dobbs, Sam Evans, Alex Cowin, Lawrence Eccles, Stephen Watkin and Martin Swensson who led the team home in 1st place (well he was 2nd but first was a guest). These are provisional results, the official ones are "in the post" since one of the teams got lost and didn't hand their envelope in by the time we went - however we are not sure the results will change dramatically as a result.

The girls today did not place in the top 5 so we won't get a proper placing until the official results are issued. Grit and determination never left us though - special thanks to today's counters Pamela Thurtle, Louise Warn and Louise May Watson.

Next race Sunday 21st February at Birchwood. More details soon but don't miss this one, the course is going to be a hoot with all this rain!