Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NWCCSL Race 6 - Sunday 21 Feb 2016 - Birchwood Forest Park

The last of the Sunday League fixtures will take place at Forest Park in Birchwood on Sun 21st Feb.

Race starts at 10:00.

For the men's team this is probably the most important race we've ever ran - clear your diary, sort out that babysitter because Penny Lane definitely needs you this time!

The women's team has had ups and downs this year but we're still on for a solid performance.

I've not received any updates from Spectrum yet, so for now directions etc. are unchanged:

Race venue
Ranger Centre, Birchwood Forest Park, off Moss Gate, Birchwood, Warrington. (Satnav users: the venue has no postcode.) There are basic changing rooms, showers & toilets at the Ranger Centre; a bit limited as they are only meant for two football teams.

Directions
The Forest Park is a little under 1 mile from M62 J11.
 From the J11 roundabout, go down the A574, Birchwood Way.
 After a little over ½ mile, at the first roundabout take the first exit (left) onto the road called Moss Gate.
 After about 300 yards, turn right at the roundabout into the Birchwood Forest Park public car park.

I will post more info regarding post-race refreshments nearer the time.

Re: NWCCSL Race 6 - Sunday 21 Feb 2016 - Birchwood Forest Park

Directions

postcode WA3 6TN Moss Gate

ps. spectrum sometimes organise kids' xc races before the main event at this one.. a good family day out if you can't find a child minder :D

0830 @ sport centre for car sharing

Hi Christina

I would like to take part if possible on Sunday if I can? Not sure if I would be a help or hindrance as I won't be fast. Am I ok to participate?

Thanks Sarah

You are more than welcome to participate. This competition is open to all standards. It's a great course with a couple of rollercoaster hills and a great big puddle at one end. You'll love it.

Ok Christina count me in. Any advice on what's a good idea to bring would be helpful as I've not done cc before...oh and the distance...I have done a practice run in my spikes already I'm guessing these are the shoes of choice?

Distance is around 5 miles. Four laps of the park. You can do this one in spikes or studs. There's a very short section on a path but you can always run by the side if you're in spikes.

You're welcome to a lift there but I have to stay for the results so won't be leaving straight after the race.

ETA don't forget PLS vest

Sounds great and I would appreciate the lift. If you can let me know closer to the time the details for lift and no problem at the end I can wait.

I've sent you a PM with contact number

Sarah, as mentioned above, 0830 at the sport centre for lift if you haven't sorted it out already
Ciao

Lets make the last one of this season a good turn out, good luck to all running. Sarah I hope you enjoy your first xc (I'm sure it will not be your last!)

Refreshments Venue

Please note that we are returning to the old venue for post-race refreshments in 2016:

Birchwood Community High School
Brock Road
Birchwood
WA3 7PT

Please do not park on the road - it's a bus route!  If the School car park is full, you can park in the Birchwood Shopping Centre car parks.

Just found this on the spectrum striders website...
Might come handy ; D
Ciao

Pics are on! Enjoy the mud bath ;D

Pinno's album