Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Men's Captain

Morning everybody,

Earlier in the week, I tendered my resignation as Men's Captain with immediate effect to the rest of the committee and would like to let you all know that it was accepted.

The decision to resign was a personal one, as many of you know my wife and I have just had our first daughter and my appearances at the club have become few and far between. I can't see this improving any time soon so it felt like the right time to step aside.

Many of you may also know that I no longer live in the immediate vicinity of the club and due to time constraints will also be looking at opportunities more convenient to me over the upcoming months.

Andy Cantwell has kindly agreed to step up from his current role to interim Men's Captain until the AGM in the summer. I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing Andy every success in his new role.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support in my time on the committee, as both Treasurer and Captain, particularly those who've been on the committee during that period.

Re: Men's Captain

Andy,

You'll be sadly missed
Where do we find another captain who doesn't preach like you?
Joking apart, good luck to the next captain, big shoes to fill these ones...

Andy, I hope you'll reconsider leaving the club, come on, you can't find another club like PLS, you've got to admit it!

Good luck Capitano!
Simo

Re: Men's Captain

As an ex-committee member I know how committed to the club you've been Andy especially when you stepped in and managed the clubs affairs following the sad loss of our Treasurer. You have made a difference and your contribution in both of your roles on the committee will always be valued. However in the interim period between now and the AGM I have no doubt that Andy Cantwell will be a superb Captain he is always visible at races and on club nights supportive and encouraging no matter what your ability is.
I'd just like to say "Thanks" to both Andy's and best wishes....