Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Three Manchester Marathons found to be too short

Three Manchester Marathons found to be too short

Who's going to be upset this time?
I hope this year's trophies haven't been ordered yet!
Joking aside, I feel most sorry for the swenssonator

Ciao
Simo

Re: Three Manchester Marathons found to be too short

On behalf of the Committee - just to say in relation to this situation with The Greater Manchester Marathon, the races held in 2013, 2014 and 2015 have now all been officially declared as short and as such are not being recognised now as Marathon distance races. This obviously means that as with other examples they are now not able to be counted within club statistics and results. The Committee have their next meeting booked in next week already and will be discussing the implications of this as part of that meeting.
Further updates will again be provided after that point. Many thanks, Chris

Very disappointing news for all of us who ran in these races, but we'll just have to accept a mistake has been made and the times from those years aren't valid. That's the way it goes sometimes.

The question is, can we run the same times again, or even faster?

Only one way to find out!!

Martin S

Completely agree with what's been written here. I feel very sorry for the people involved. Personally I'd have been gutted.

But at least one of us this year had a totally incredible, inspirational result on the modified course. Which should inspire those with invalidated times to return with the same dedication and achieve similar results.